Hacking the university

Joss Winn

Nov 7, 2013, 3:37:45 AM11/7/13
to Developer contact
Hello everyone,

I set up a website a couple of years ago to document the profiles of
developers working in universities:

http://hackingtheuniversity.net/

There was an initial 'rush' of people sending me their info and then I
got distracted with other work and haven't brought it to anyone's
attention for a while.

Last night, I was thinking that with the apparent demise of DevCSI and
Dev8D and the developer community in higher education as we knew it, it
might be one way to continue to highlight the work and personalities of
hackers, developers, coders and programmers working in higher education.

FAQ is here: http://hackingtheuniversity.net/about/

The easiest way to add yourself is to email me your response to these
four questions:

### Who are you, and what do you do?

### Who taught you how to do what you do?

### What tools do you use?

### Describe your dream working environment.

Other ways to contribute are documented in
http://hackingtheuniversity.net/contribute.txt

Cheers
Joss

Ian Stuart

Nov 7, 2013, 3:50:27 AM11/7/13
to develope...@googlegroups.com
Looking at my own profile (http://ian.stuart.hackingtheuniversity.net/) it occurs that being able to EDIT the record would be useful (it's definitely dated to 2012!)

Last night, I was thinking that with the apparent demise of DevCSI and
Dev8D and the developer community in higher education as we knew it, it
might be one way to continue to highlight the work and personalities of
hackers, developers, coders and programmers working in higher education.
I'm working on this one.... but "slowly slowly, catchie monkie" as they say ;-)

Shaun Hare

Nov 7, 2013, 4:00:37 AM11/7/13
to develope...@googlegroups.com
To edit our update Joss can we not raise a pull request?

Although scarily not much has changed http://shaun.hare.hackingtheuniversity.net/

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.

Joss Winn

Nov 7, 2013, 7:31:04 AM11/7/13
to develope...@googlegroups.com
You can edit your profile via a pull request.

http://hackingtheuniversity.net/contribute.txt

Good to hear there's working happening on building the community.

cheers
Joss