Segmentation Fault

Eric Chun

Oct 24, 2014, 7:03:32 AM10/24/14
to develnyt...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I'm getting seg faults when running NYTProf version 4.08.  NYTProf doesn't like it when I load certain perl modules that I created and placed in the current directory because the segfault goes away when i remove the 'use module' lines.

Can anybody suggest a way to debug this further?

i ran with trace=9 and attached the output.

trace.tz2

Eric Chun

Oct 27, 2014, 2:12:03 PM10/27/14
to develnyt...@googlegroups.com
i'm using perl 5.14.1
also, the script i'm trying to analyze uses Coro perl module to do multi-threading.

Tim Bunce

Oct 28, 2014, 10:26:30 AM10/28/14
to develnyt...@googlegroups.com
Hello Eric.

NYTProf doesn't work with Coro. Sorry.

https://metacpan.org/pod/Devel::NYTProf#LIMITATIONS

Tim.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:12:03AM -0700, Eric Chun wrote:
> i'm using perl 5.14.1
> also, the script i'm trying to analyze uses [1]Coro perl module to do multi-threading.

Eric Chun

Oct 28, 2014, 2:00:06 PM10/28/14
to develnyt...@googlegroups.com
oh, ok.  thank you for pointing that out.