I have the latest version installed and it seems to crash on start, but . . .

Branden Capell

Dec 2, 2011, 12:55:27 AM12/2/11
to DeVeDe forum
I have the latest version installed and it seems to crash on start,
but I was wondering if it was devede or some other program because I
have arch linux; and I have installed two version a git source (maybe
svn), along with devede-3.19.0-1, I tried them both separately, but I
get this error:

[branden@localhost ~]$ devede
DeVeDe 3.19.0
Locale: en_US.UTF-8
Using package-installed files
Failed to load modules DEVEDE_CONVERT. Exiting
[branden@localhost ~]$

This happened both times

Sergio Costas

Dec 2, 2011, 4:41:36 AM12/2/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Hi Branden:

There's a problem when trying to load the file devede_convert.py. Try
this from a command line:

python /usr/local/share/devede/devede_convert.py

; or , if you used a .deb package instead the tar.bz2 file, try

python /usr/share/devede/devede_convert.py

and send me the output, to see where is the problem.

El 02/12/11 06:55, Branden Capell escribi�:

--
Nos leemos
RASTER (Linux user #228804)

Branden Capell

Dec 2, 2011, 9:44:52 AM12/2/11
to DeVeDe forum
bash: python: command not found

That is odd, but I do have python. The command is python 2 though,
maybe I should make a alias for it?

Sergio Costas

Dec 2, 2011, 7:00:05 PM12/2/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Uninstall your python and reinstall it again...

El 02/12/11 15:44, Branden Capell escribi�:

> bash: python: command not found
>
> That is odd, but I do have python. The command is python 2 though,
> maybe I should make a alias for it?

Branden Capell

Dec 2, 2011, 7:59:29 PM12/2/11
to DeVeDe forum
I reinstalled it and it still happened. Would a custom kernel have
something to do with this?

Sergio Costas

Dec 2, 2011, 8:01:20 PM12/2/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure that the custom kernel is innocent :)

Try to do a ling from python to python2.X (probably 2.7).

El 03/12/11 01:59, Branden Capell escribi�:

Branden Capell

Dec 3, 2011, 1:19:38 AM12/3/11
to DeVeDe forum
[branden@localhost ~]$ python /usr/local/share/devede/
devede_convert.py python2: can't open file '/usr/local/share/devede/
devede_convert.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory[branden@localhost ~]$
That is after the alias

Sergio Costas

Dec 3, 2011, 5:47:45 AM12/3/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Ok, try then with:

python /usr/share/devede

El 03/12/11 07:19, Branden Capell escribi�:

Sergio Costas

Dec 3, 2011, 5:48:56 AM12/3/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, sorry! My mistake!

try this:

python /usr/local/share/devede/devede_convert.py

and if it fails, try:

python /usr/share/devede/devede_convert.py

El 03/12/11 07:19, Branden Capell escribi�:

Branden Capell

Dec 3, 2011, 11:24:18 AM12/3/11
to DeVeDe forum
[branden@localhost ~]$ python /usr/local/share/devede/
devede_convert.py python2: can't open file '/usr/local/share/devede/
devede_convert.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory[branden@localhost ~]$ python /usr/share/devede/
devede_convert.py python2: can't open file '/usr/share/devede/

Sergio Costas

Dec 3, 2011, 12:45:25 PM12/3/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Hi Branden:

No, you are doing it incorrectly. It's not

python /usr/local/share/devede

The right command is:

python /usr/local/share/devede/devede_convert.py

You are forgetting the "devede_convert.py" part at the end.

El 03/12/11 17:24, Branden Capell escribi�:

Branden Capell

Dec 3, 2011, 1:22:15 PM12/3/11
to DeVeDe forum
I have it installed, but:

Sergio Costas

Dec 3, 2011, 2:52:40 PM12/3/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
And with...?

python /usr/share/devede/devede_convert.py

El 03/12/11 19:22, Branden Capell escribi�:

Branden Capell

Dec 3, 2011, 3:41:58 PM12/3/11
to DeVeDe forum
[branden@localhost ~]$ python /usr/share/devede/devede_convert.py
python2: can't open file '/usr/share/devede/devede_convert.py': [Errno

2] No such file or directory
[branden@localhost ~]$ devede_debug
[branden@localhost ~]$ cat devede.debug

Sergio Costas

Dec 3, 2011, 3:43:18 PM12/3/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
What file do you used to install it? The .tar.bz2, or the .deb package?

El 03/12/11 21:41, Branden Capell escribi�:

Branden Capell

Dec 3, 2011, 3:44:55 PM12/3/11
to DeVeDe forum
[branden@localhost ~]$ ls /usr/share/devede/
aboutdialog1.ui icon_vcd.png wfolder_exists.ui
add_subtitle2.ui languages.lst wloadconfig.ui
add_subtitle.ui settings.ui wloosecurrent.ui
background.png silence.ogg wmain.ui
backgrounds use_ffmpeg.ui wmenu_preview_ntsc.ui
barras.png waborted_dialog.ui wmenu_preview_pal.ui
base_ntsc.mpg wcancel_dialog.ui wmenu_properties.ui
base_ntsc_wide.mpg wcancel_job_dialog.ui wnofonts.ui
base_pal.mpg wdel_chapter_dialog.ui wno_mp3lame.ui
base_pal_wide.mpg wdel_subtitle.ui wpreviewagain_dialog.ui
codepages.lst wdel_title_dialog.ui wpreview_dialog.ui
devedesans.ttf wdisk_type.ui wprograms.ui
devede.svg wempty_titles_dialog.ui wprogress.ui
estira.png wend_dialog.ui wsaveconfig.ui
icon_cvd.png werase_dialog.ui
wtitle_properties_dialog.ui
icon_divx.png werror_dialog.ui wwarning_dialog.ui
icon_dvd.png wfile.ui
icon_svcd.png wfolder_dialog.ui
[branden@localhost ~]$

Branden Capell

Dec 3, 2011, 3:46:00 PM12/3/11
to DeVeDe forum
Arch Linux, and the git version, but I did not have them both
installed at the same time.

Sergio Costas

Dec 3, 2011, 3:48:35 PM12/3/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Ok, my fault, sorry... it was /usr/lib/devede/devede_convert.py

python /usr/lib/devede/devede_convert.py

Anyway, try to update the GIT repository. I just uploaded all the
changes again to ensure that everything is OK.

El 03/12/11 21:46, Branden Capell escribi�:

> Arch Linux, and the git version, but I did not have them both
> installed at the same time.

Branden Capell

Dec 3, 2011, 3:53:39 PM12/3/11
to DeVeDe forum
[branden@localhost devede-git]$ python /usr/lib/devede/
devede_convert.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/devede/devede_convert.py", line 41, in <module>
import dbus
ImportError: No module named dbus
[branden@localhost devede-git]$

Branden Capell

Dec 3, 2011, 3:55:06 PM12/3/11
to DeVeDe forum
I have dbus installed

warning: dbus-1.4.16-1 is up to date -- reinstalling

that was from arch

Sergio Costas

Dec 3, 2011, 3:55:10 PM12/3/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Ok, now it makes sense.

Try to install the package python-dbus and tell me if it works, to add
it to the dependencies.

El 03/12/11 21:53, Branden Capell escribi�:

Branden Capell

Dec 3, 2011, 4:13:09 PM12/3/11
to DeVeDe forum
It worked, after installing dbus-python

Sergio Costas

Dec 3, 2011, 4:22:51 PM12/3/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Good to know. Thanks! I'll add it to the .deb dependencies.

El 03/12/11 22:13, Branden Capell escribi�:

Sergio Costas

Dec 3, 2011, 7:19:47 PM12/3/11
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I launched a revision of the .deb package, that adds python-dbus as
dependency, so it should work now for every Ubuntu user (I'm working on
a workaround for Debian users)

El 03/12/11 22:13, Branden Capell escribi�:

Branden Capell

Dec 3, 2011, 8:12:19 PM12/3/11
to DeVeDe forum
Thanks.

By "suggestion" I mean feature request

By the way could I get you to read my suggestion I put it in another
forum and I put it in here:

How about at the starting menu of devede, that a queue is added? For
projects that have been saved, for when one leaves for a while that
this queue will execute and put them together one at a time, or
converts them all at once and puts them into a dvd format one after
another.