6August TriZest

goatgolfer

Jul 19, 2011, 5:27:15 PM7/19/11
to Detroit Chow
Paul is in support of Erin and will reach out to Ming tomorrow (Wed)
and get a reservation for 16 (2x8) at the round family tables at
TriZest for 6 August at 7pm.

My plan is to ask for the lamb dishes I have had, the cold spicy
noodle app and then 6 more Sichuan surprises per table with a budget
of $25 pp + $5 tip (sorry Aron) because of the lamb.

There is no alcohol at this location and I will inquire about
discrete byob. In the past I have known a few to put the cooler behind
the counter and serve (beer) in a glass with a small charge but you
brought it in.

So far, I count 8 confirmed and will work from there. Query for
confirmation will come next week.

As VTB has taught me, I will request mobile phone numbers for txt msg
individually at closing time via direct (not google group) means.

Please confirm your yes intentions via sms to me at 248 320 9046 and
your name in the body (to confirm I have it right) and we will go from
there.

Anybody think we should post this party on CH Great Lakes directly???
Our group won't grow if we don't and the embargo seems to have ended??

Best to all, Paul

goatgolfer

Jul 20, 2011, 5:41:00 PM7/20/11
to Detroit Chow
So, I met with Ming today. Getting to the decision maker is all the
difference. She was very supportive and is the gatekeeper to the menu
and the chefs.

So, we are confirmed for 16 max on 6 August at 7pm at Trizest Madison
hts.

Budget is $25 pp + $5 tip. 8 authentic dishes per table with rice and
tea. I will text those that replied re: byob.

Menu will be available this weekend but it seems DanDan noodle, spicy
lamb and whole fish are "no problem" now. All Sichuan authentic. Again
no problem. As far as spicy we will have a range but "authentically
spicy for a native" was requested by me.

This is going better than planned and we have 11 confirmed and I have
replied to those that followed the instructions above and texted me.

See you soon. Paul

gsu911

Jul 20, 2011, 7:06:56 PM7/20/11
to Detroit Chow
I'm in, cellphone broken, # is 4048222893. I really want la zhi zi.
Basically small deep fried bone in chicken pieces dry stir fried with
tons of chiles, garlic, and Sichuan peppercorn.

VTB

Jul 20, 2011, 10:58:55 PM7/20/11
to Detroit Chow
VTB (Vince) is in for two (but I also replied on the old thread, so
please don't double count me).
Thanks!!

PS--JanPrimus says he likes veggie chow mein and on the mild side.

gsu911

Jul 22, 2011, 2:09:21 AM7/22/11
to Detroit Chow
can someone confirm that I'm in? just wanted to make sure...and not
embarassingly show up randomly without a reservation

phc...@aol.com

Jul 22, 2011, 10:54:17 AM7/22/11
to detro...@googlegroups.com
gsu - you are in. see you on the 6th at 7pm. Paul

> wrote:
>

> > Paul is in support of Erin and will reach out to Ming tomorrow (Wed)
> > and get a reservation for 16 (2x8) at the round family tables at
> > TriZest for 6 August at 7pm.
>
> > My plan is to ask for the lamb dishes I have had, the cold spicy
> > noodle app and then 6 more Sichuan surprises per table with a budget
> > of $25 pp + $5 tip (sorry Aron)  because of the lamb.
>
> > There is no alcohol at this location and I will  inquire about
> > discrete byob. In the past I have known a few to put the cooler behind
> > the counter and serve (beer) in a glass with a small charge but you
> > brought it in.
>
> > So far, I count 8 confirmed and will work from there. Query for
> > confirmation will come next week.
>
> > As VTB has taught me, I will request mobile phone numbers for txt msg
> > individually at closing time via direct (not google group) means.
>
> > Please confirm your  yes intentions via sms to me at 248 320 9046 and
> > your name in the body (to confirm I have it right) and we will go from
> > there.
>
> > Anybody think we should post this party on CH Great Lakes directly???
> > Our group won't grow if we don't and the embargo seems to have ended??
>
> > Best to all, Paul

goatgolfer

Jul 22, 2011, 12:32:06 PM7/22/11
to Detroit Chow
so there is no anxiety as to replies:

Thus far for the 6th August at Trizest it's:

Paul
Doug + Elaine
Janelle
Erin + Jeremy
Christina + Petar
Vince + Julia
Gsu
Aron B.

Therefore 12 thus far. If it stays this way I will adjust to 6x2
dishes to maintain the budget. We can hold 4 more as we have the lucky
round tables of 8 each. Paul

On Jul 22, 10:54 am, phc...@aol.com wrote:
> gsu - you are in. see you on the 6th at 7pm. Paul

gsu911

Jul 23, 2011, 6:15:34 PM7/23/11
to Detroit Chow
hooray! looking forward to it!
I haven't found a local food forum like this one since i left
atlanta...looking forward to meeting you guys

goatgolfer

Jul 31, 2011, 2:36:50 PM7/31/11
to Detroit Chow
I have posted the menu for saturday on chowhound but don't know how to
do it here. Trizest has gotten cold feet and have now asked directly
(the management) that we not bring alcohol. I don't see that we really
have much choice. We have four spots open and they want a deposit from
me so as of Monday you are all in the pool with me. Paul

phc...@aol.com

Jul 31, 2011, 2:38:03 PM7/31/11
to detro...@googlegroups.com
Trizest menu attached. Paul

trizest menu 6aug11 rev 1.PNG

Erin Walker

Jul 31, 2011, 2:53:36 PM7/31/11
to detro...@googlegroups.com
This looks incredible. So excited!

Brown bags in the parking lot?  Just kidding...I'm sure we can have a good time without the booze. Right? Right? *crickets*

goatgolfer

Jul 31, 2011, 5:59:16 PM7/31/11
to Detroit Chow
I am bringing 24 of the best NA beers from China I can find and will
donate them. We need some bitter to match the heat. I think they have
water and tea. Let's find four new members and make it a bau/bau
party.

boagman

Jul 31, 2011, 6:55:49 PM7/31/11
to Detroit Chow
You need not bring any beer for me, Paul. Can't stand the stuff.
Don't mind if others want some, though!

Aron (who's looking forward to this)

goatgolfer

Jul 31, 2011, 11:45:43 PM7/31/11
to Detroit Chow
So, CH has gone crazy and shut my access. They must think I'm
JanPrimus or something. We now have JP and Mike (MTB) which makes 16
and have room for 2 more. If someone who is not blocked can comment on
CH that there are two spots open but they need to come to google
groups to sign up I would appreciate it. So, list of 14 below + JP +
Mike and 2 new friends when we find them.

janelle

Aug 1, 2011, 12:05:16 PM8/1/11
to Detroit Chow
Since there are still two spots up for grabs, I'm going to invite
another person. Will let you know ASAP if they can attend.

-j

phc...@aol.com

Aug 1, 2011, 3:32:43 PM8/1/11
to detro...@googlegroups.com
Cool: I made the deposit at the resto today and confirmed we are 14 (this math is correct, math below is flawed)  at the moment but they would welcome two more. NA beer is now okay but flaunting is not.... Not much more to do but fill those last two spots. Thanks Janelle for tackling one. The CH post is now locked to all (?? Why??) so this is our means of communication as I suspect a new similar post will be deleted. I do think we will have to make a review (or 8) when we are done. See you Saturday. 7pm for all but VTB and it's 18h45 local for you bro.;-))

Paul

gsu911

Aug 2, 2011, 4:51:39 AM8/2/11
to Detroit Chow
Is it BYOB

On Aug 1, 3:32 pm, phc...@aol.com wrote:
> Cool: I made the deposit at the resto today and confirmed we are 14 (this math is correct, math below is flawed)  at the moment but they would welcome two more. NA beer is now okay but flaunting is not.... Not much more to do but fill those last two spots. Thanks Janelle for tackling one. The CH post is now locked to all (?? Why??) so this is our means of communication as I suspect a new similar post will be deleted. I do think we will have to make a review (or 8) when we are done. See you Saturday. 7pm for all but VTB and it's 18h45 local for you bro.;-))
>
> Paul

phc...@aol.com

Aug 2, 2011, 9:10:39 AM8/2/11
to detro...@googlegroups.com
No real alcohol allowed unfortunately. Paul

VTB

Aug 2, 2011, 9:19:27 PM8/2/11
to Detroit Chow
Lookin' forward to it! 6:45pm, got it. Do we still need one more
head? Given that mind-blowing menu, I've got someone who certainly
would want to join.

On Aug 1, 3:32 pm, phc...@aol.com wrote:
> Cool: I made the deposit at the resto today and confirmed we are 14 (this math is correct, math below is flawed)  at the moment but they would welcome two more. NA beer is now okay but flaunting is not.... Not much more to do but fill those last two spots. Thanks Janelle for tackling one. The CH post is now locked to all (?? Why??) so this is our means of communication as I suspect a new similar post will be deleted. I do think we will have to make a review (or 8) when we are done. See you Saturday. 7pm for all but VTB and it's 18h45 local for you bro.;-))
>
> Paul

phc...@aol.com

Aug 2, 2011, 11:37:19 PM8/2/11
to detro...@googlegroups.com
How about we give Janelle until 0800 on Wed to confirm or release the spot as she was first to vounteer. Mike (MTB) has confirmed via SMS that he has spot 15 which will make MTB + 1. Will advise at breakfast via this forum. Paul.

I really think I like this menu....

goatgolfer

Aug 3, 2011, 9:45:13 AM8/3/11
to Detroit Chow
So, we have a full (8x2 tables) or 16 ppl for Saturday at 7pm Trizest:

They are:

Paul
Doug + Elaine
Janelle
Erin + Jeremy
Christina + Petar
Vince + Julia + 1
Gsu
Aron B.
John P
MTB (Mike ) + 1

Paul

Doug Ranz

Aug 3, 2011, 10:38:34 AM8/3/11
to detro...@googlegroups.com

Paul,

Some notes say 6:45PM.  Others say 7PM.  Which is correct?

-doug

> Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 06:45:13 -0700

> Subject: [detroitchow] Re: 6August TriZest

phc...@aol.com

Aug 3, 2011, 10:49:53 AM8/3/11
to detro...@googlegroups.com
7pm for everyone and 645 for VTB ( a joke about his promptness)  Paul

janelle

Aug 3, 2011, 11:00:01 AM8/3/11
to Detroit Chow
I'm officially releasing the spot. I texted Paul about it this
morning. My +1 couldn't make it.

On Aug 2, 11:37 pm, phc...@aol.com wrote:
> How about we give Janelle until 0800 on Wed to confirm or release the spot as she was first to vounteer. Mike (MTB) has confirmed via SMS that he has spot 15 which will make MTB + 1. Will advise at breakfast via this forum. Paul.
>
> I really think I like this menu....

Christina

Aug 7, 2011, 12:05:27 AM8/7/11
to Detroit Chow
Here are some food photos from tonight's dinner. This is a public link
to Facebook, so it should work for everyone.
I briefly posted it on CH, but then realized that maybe people who
commented may not want their real names publicly associated. Sorry if
anyone clicked through during 30 seconds it was posted.

http://on.fb.me/ozTK1A

Thanks, Paul, for getting it all together!

Christina

janelle

Aug 7, 2011, 5:04:27 AM8/7/11
to Detroit Chow
Great photos, Christina! I did a little blog entry on it as well,
http://t.co/AWP3AmL. Thank you again, Paul!