Call to Derby Makers for Digital Content

11 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

s...@sueball.co.uk

no leída,
19 sept 2016, 7:13:26 a.m.19/9/2016
para Derby Makers

Dear Derby Makers,

Good to meet with you a couple of weeks ago to discuss early stage ideas for the Arts & Heritage Programme for the Public Realm.  Getting a sense of you as individuals and group members and your expertise helped to consolidate a concept for a Mapping System which can be piloted and prototyped in the Development Phase.

The Mapping System includes:

1.     1. analogue map of the Silk Mill and its environment

2.     2. testing Augmented Reality media for accessing digital content

3.     3. creation of a diverse and creative range of digital content related to the Silk Mill Museum of Making and its collections.

CALL TO DERBY MAKERS

To support this research & development process, we would like you to propose and produce a discrete piece of digital content in response to the Collections, Museum building and environment of the Mill.  This might involve you working as collaborators across fields of technological & technical knowledge and making.

Your responses should be creative, inspirational and left-field. Please identify any resource implication for your work in your Proposal

Media could include:

Audio or sound works

360 degree imaging

Drone and camera fly-over

Archaeological mapping

3D maps for the visually impaired

Analogue/digital making

Computer music, video and algorithmic art

Micro- and macro- mapping.

SCHEDULE

Works need to be proposed through this list by 5th October and complete by 21st November.

For further information and to share thoughts, please contact Sue Ball s...@sueball.co.uk 07799 765578 or Chris at the Museum.

Tony Brookes

no leída,
20 sept 2016, 4:09:23 p.m.20/9/2016
para derby-...@googlegroups.com

On 19 Sep 2016, at 12:13, s...@sueball.co.uk wrote:

The Mapping System includes:

1.     1. analogue map of the Silk Mill and its environment

Hi Sue, can I just try and understand your terminology please.

You said: analogue map of the Silk Mill and its environment

I’m assuming you mean any format of the map, be it a printed map, multi layer physical (think laser cut plastic or wood or cardboard) contour type map but may be other elements of the map e.g. roads, buildings etc depending on scale.

You said: Archaeological mapping

I’m unclear what you mean by this: I’d expect a map showing what has been excavated by a fully recorded dig or similar. I wonder if I’ve totally misunderstood.

You said: 3D maps for the visually impaired

lumps and bumps not a conventional flat map. (mm - I’d love to do a map that included water for the river)

You said: Drone and camera fly-over

Personally I’d love nothing more than to fly a small drone over the mill and do a proper high res set of pictures of the whole outside and inside of the Silk Mill. Inside can be done with no public there so is do-able by us with SM staff help (safety). But as I understand it, hobbyists must not fly drones in urban areas, and paid for operators may also be banned due to CAA concerns with urban flying. I think it would be possible to take a thousand or so images of the outside, roof excepted from around the Silk Mill, Again software could be used to stick it together into one 3d model. We’d need a friendly operator to talk to for advice.

I’m reminded of a Museomix project that had some of these elements.

I’m happy to try and help but am unable to submit an overall proposal. Happy to engage in dialogue either here or at the Silk Mill.

Tony

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar