Trent XWB Lego Engine - Help Needed!

Andrea Mercer

Jan 12, 2015, 12:03:25 PM1/12/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com, dan...@derbymuseums.org
Hi All

Happy New Year!

We are currently developing an exhibition and programme of events in partnership with Rolls-Royce, '100 Years in the Making' which celebrates the unveiling of the Rolls-Royce Trent XWB and the centenery of the Eagle engine's invention.

We have acquired the lego model from Rolls-Royce (thanks to Jonathan and Mark for co-ordinating this and bringing it to the Silk Mill!) and we now need help getting the turbine part of the model working which means taking it apart and tinkering with it somewhat, in time to get it working for the opening of the exhibition on 20 February!

If you are able to help with this in any way please let me know by Friday 16 January.

Thanks

Andrea

grant gibson

Jan 12, 2015, 12:06:49 PM1/12/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com, dan...@derbymuseums.org

I'll help with this! Unfortunately I can't do this weekend but could help out next weekend and weekends in February.

Regards

Grant

Paul Stevens

Jan 13, 2015, 10:58:02 AM1/13/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrea
I would love to help, but i can probably only make wednesday evenings.  would that be of help ?

Cheers
Paul

Ben Dunicliff

Jan 20, 2015, 11:45:59 AM1/20/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I'd be happy to help out, but it's better for me to make it Wednesday or Thursday evenings if that's okay

MARK HANCOX

Jan 28, 2015, 4:09:31 PM1/28/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Kim discussed this with me this evening; the Fan at the front (the bit which was loose) has sustained some damage as a result of a Scout Troop visit last week (as I understand it). I think the Fan is repairable with the use of some spare pegs and a Dremel. But it did prompt me to look at the rest of the engine with a view to how we'd repair it - and I've realised that every part of the engine was glued together on assembly, which means it's close to impossible to take to pieces.

I think we should look to repair the Fan and reassemble it in a more robust way, but I'm very doubtful we can do a full repair job.

In the meantime, Kim has removed the broken Fan pieces until we can sort a repair.

Cheers
Mark