Overlocker

grant gibson

Apr 9, 2018, 2:21:38 PM4/9/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
All,

I mentioned to a few of you that I had got wind of an overlocker that was potentially available. It turns out that a work colleague was given one and doesn't use it and has asked her mum (who gave it to her) and they want to donate it to us.

I feel a little bit bad given that she isn't a member of Derby makers but basically we have the option of getting this. Do we want it? I'm going to check she doesn't want any money for it because I feel a bit bad just taking it but will report the outcome

Regards

Grant Gibson

MARK HANCOX

Apr 9, 2018, 2:51:19 PM4/9/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
If it's going I say we take it, with thanks. And if they don't want money for it we can still recognise their generosity with flowers/wine/chocolates/some other appropriate gift.

Grant Gibson

Julie Brandon

Apr 9, 2018, 2:53:14 PM4/9/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
If we do take it, perhaps we could make her something as a thank you?

Paul Stevens

Apr 9, 2018, 3:48:58 PM4/9/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I would second that.

Al Johnson

Apr 9, 2018, 4:03:54 PM4/9/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Or a donation to a charity of their choice?

On Monday, 9 April 2018 19:51:17 BST MARK HANCOX wrote:
> If it's going I say we take it, with thanks. And if they don't want money
> for it we can still recognise their generosity with
> flowers/wine/chocolates/some other appropriate gift.
>
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 7:21 PM, 'grant gibson' via Derby Makers <
>
> derby-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I mentioned to a few of you that I had got wind of an overlocker that was
> > potentially available. It turns out that a work colleague was given one
> > and
> > doesn't use it and has asked her mum (who gave it to her) and they want to
> > donate it to us.
> >
> > I feel a little bit bad given that she isn't a member of Derby makers but
> > basically we have the option of getting this. Do we want it? I'm going to
> > check she doesn't want any money for it because I feel a bit bad just
> > taking it but will report the outcome
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Grant Gibson

Julie Brandon

Apr 9, 2018, 4:04:38 PM4/9/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Also very good!

grant gibson

Apr 12, 2018, 1:43:14 AM4/12/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
All,

I will taking delivery of the said overlocker next week at work. Amanda doesn't want any money for it or to donate to a particular charity so maybe the suggestion of getting her some flowers would be a good idea

I'll be at the museum tonight

Regards

Grant