2017 AGM : 24th November 2017 at Radio Musuem

MARK HANCOX

Oct 29, 2017, 2:16:41 PM10/29/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Folks

The 2017 Derby Makers AGM will be held in the upstairs room at the Radio Communication Museum of Great Britain (for location see below) from 6.30pm on Thursday November 24th.

I am putting together a draft agenda now, which will involve both items we need to address as defined by our constitution, and also Any Other Business (AOB) items relating to the future direction of Derby Makers :

Mandatory :
  • Statements by current Officers (Chair, Secretary, Treasurer) including current status on membership numbers and finances
  • Membership of the Steering Committee
  • Election of Officers
AOB (which may include) :
  • Relationship with Radio Museum
  • Relationship with Silk Mill
  • Laser Cutter
  • Website
  • Social Media
[NOTE : some of these AOB items may be Steering Committee topics rather than AGM topics; if we run out of time to discuss these fully, the newly elected Officers may choose to schedule a Steering Committee meeting in order to discuss these more fully.]

Please let me know if you plan to attend (or if you cannot), and also please let me know if you have any additional suggestions for agenda items?

Please note there is no catering available at the Radio Museum - probably best you eat before you arrive, but if necessary there are limited facilities if you bring your own food.

If you need any assistance with transport to and from the venue, please get in touch and we'll see how we can help.

Cheers
Mark Hancox

[The Radio Communication Museum of Great Britain

16 Sawley Park

Nottingham Road

Derby

Derbyshire

DE21 6AS

Phone: 01332 224122

Please note that since Sawley Park is new, not all GPS systems use our post code correctly.  We are not in Long Eaton as Google Maps can suggest !!

We are located in Derby, just off the old Nottingham Road.  If you find the Pentagon Traffic island on the A52 come round the traffic island past the entrance to the Derbyshire Cricket Club and take the next exit (Nottingham Road) after a quarter of a mile you will see Hillside Leisure (a large blue building) on your right.  Immediately  after that building, also on your right, is the entrance to Sawley Park. We are the third building (detached) on your right.  We have a large 16 on the building.  Free parking is available in front of and to the side of the building.]

Tony Brookes

Oct 29, 2017, 2:27:16 PM10/29/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark

Just to prove someone reads your emails, I’ve just noticed the Thursday is the 23rd Nov, Friday is the 24th. I’m assuming Thursday 23rd is the correct date.
Tony

MARK HANCOX

Oct 29, 2017, 2:46:20 PM10/29/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
CORRECTION : As Tony has just pointed out, the correct date is Thursday November 23rd.

My bad ...

Cheers
Mark