Ongoing things for RMGB

已查看 9 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Al Johnson

未读,
2017年11月16日 11:31:502017/11/16
收件人 Derby Makers
It's looking like I won't make it today after all. In case nobody else
remembers, here are the things that Steve would like working on (that I
remember...)

* finishing up the cabinets from the silk mill - various people have had a hand
in these. As I understand it they're ready to spray, and the paint is in the
workshop. It's probably better to chop the bottom off the legs before painting
rather than after - this is so that the casters can be added when they arrive.

* Jobs on the large wooden display cases in the downstairs part of the museum:
- design / build a shelf to give a second level to display things on, ~50cm
above the bottom. It needs to be in keeping with the case style, but morbably
not using wood (museums don't like it for a number of reasons apparenntly).
Ideas so far include a toughened glass shelf attached to the rear uprights,
with glass or perspex rods or tubes to support the front, and a bent perspex
'table' like some of the supports at the silk mill. Perspex legs would bond
better to perspex than to glass. Another option might be to support from the
top, hanging the shelf from rods or wires. Brass might be in keeping with the
rest of the appearance.
- Lighting - Steve thought LED strips on top, and on the uprights. I
thought the square LED panels like the ones in the suspended ceiling might be
better. My worries are about the LEDs dazzling if you're looking into the
cabinet from the wrong direction, and the multiple sharp shadows they cast as
they tend not to have a diffuser. I may be wrong on both counts ;-)

* The mobile phone display - which I'm looking at as finding out how to do
interactive displays that could be used for other things like our cabinet too.
- I've forked PiPresents into our GitHub area, with a branch for the touch
stuff:
https://github.com/DerbyMakers/pipresents-gapless/tree/mpr121-io
- I'm getting to grips with how you put the content together, and what you
can and can't do.
回复全部
回复作者
转发