Make:Shift:Do Event - Saturday 22 November

Andrea Mercer

Nov 14, 2014, 11:14:39 AM11/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Make:Shift:Do is a Crafts Council programme in partnership with Digital Programmes at the V&AThe RSA, and the Institute of Making at UCL.

http://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/what-we-do/makeshiftdo/

Make:Shift:Do coincides with the Make:Shift conference, 20 - 21 November, which explores craft and innovation.

We have signed up to participate in Make: Shift: Do which is a nationwide mini festival of craft and innovation, where maker spaces will throw open their doors to the public on Friday 21 and Saturday 22 November for anyone to try their hand at new forms of making and to discover places leading the field in digital making. It’s a chance for people to play, tinker, handle curious new materials and enjoy the thrill of making.

We have planned to do this in the workshop on Saturday 22th November and Graeme Smith has agreed to do some laser cutting drop in sessions and it would be great if other Derby Makers were able to come in and help deliver some activities. It could be making flashy badges, playing with raspberry pi's, working with the eggbot, badge making or something else....

Please let me know if you are able to support this event in any way?

Thanks

Andrea

Andrea Mercer

Nov 14, 2014, 11:15:36 AM11/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I should have also said it is from 1pm - 5pm on Saturday 22 November!

Thanks

Andrea

Tony Brookes

Nov 14, 2014, 3:34:47 PM11/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Pity it's not the Friday, I can make that....
Tony

grant gibson

Nov 14, 2014, 3:40:35 PM11/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Andrea,

I can help out on Saturday with either flashy badges and or 3D printing funky foam and or rope making. Will it be all day?

Regards

Grant

grant gibson

Nov 14, 2014, 3:41:11 PM11/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Sorry didn't read your follow up email

Regards

Grant

Morgan Barke

Nov 14, 2014, 4:40:53 PM11/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
sorry, can't make it, as I am attending a 2 year old's birthday...

Graeme Smith

Nov 14, 2014, 7:27:39 PM11/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Oh.. Make 'SHIFT' do!

Graeme

Graeme Smith

Nov 14, 2014, 7:29:48 PM11/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I misheard you.

Graeme

Graeme Smith

Nov 14, 2014, 7:34:11 PM11/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
However a heads-up that since Thursday night the laser is kaput, no longer with us, deceased, pushing up the daisies, it is an ex-laser.
An engineer visit has been requested.

Graeme

Andrea Mercer

Nov 18, 2014, 11:48:18 AM11/18/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant

That would be great if you could help out on Saturday!

I think the flashy badges would be great to do I think and we will have the badge maker and the eggbot too! It would also be great to use the rope making machine and wonder if one of the VSA's were shown how to use it perhaps they could facilitate this?

Are you around on Thursday evening to chat things through?

Thanks

Andrea

grant gibson

Nov 18, 2014, 11:50:06 AM11/18/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Yeah I'll be there... Gemma might help out for a bit too she just needs to firm up some potential plans or not

Regards

Grant

Andrea Mercer

Nov 18, 2014, 11:57:31 AM11/18/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant

That's great, see you on Thursday then!

Best wishes

Andrea

neil...@googlemail.com

Nov 18, 2014, 6:14:10 PM11/18/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I'll be able to make it in to help out too.

Neill