Scratch 1.4 - Code Club info

Bolding Gt Grandson

Apr 8, 2015, 1:39:47 PM4/8/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
The Code club info one most of their website as for Scratch 2.0, i.e the one that doesn't run on a Pi. 1.4 does, and the info is at this point https://www.codeclub.org.uk/faqs#about-our-projects
(scroll down for the link, it then downloads a zipped file with everything for term 1)

Tony

About our Projects

The Scroll down

Who can use our projects?
Our projects are for use inside the UK only. All Code Clubs must be registered. You can check registered clubs on the map on our homepage. This coursework is developed in the open on GitHub come and join us!

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

A word on the age group our projects are aimed at.
Code Club’s materials were designed for children aged 9-11. However, younger and older children have successfully taken part in Code Clubs, so treat this age limit as a guideline only. It’s worth bearing in mind that if you decide to teach younger children then they may need extra assistance in reading and working through the projects. You might also find our materials are suitable for older children, especially if they have no previous experience of programming.

Where can I access Code Club’s projects?
You can access our materials here. You are free to view, download and use them as you wish. However, if you intend to use our projects to teach a Code Club we ask that you register.

What do you teach?
We currently have five ‘terms’ worth of projects. Terms 1 & 2 use Scratch to teach the basics of programming. Term 3 teaches the basics of web development using HTML and CSS. Terms 4 and 5 teach Python, and so on.

Although we design and release our projects to match the school year, this doesn’t mean that you have to run your club in this way. For example, you might want to start your club midway through the term, or you might decide you don’t want to teach Scratch and jump straight ahead to Python. Feel free to use our projects and run your club as you see fit.

Scratch 1... or Scratch 2?
All of our projects are now updated for Scratch 2 and these are available via our new projects page.

The new projects look different! What's going on?
These are the new up-to-date versions of our materials. This new implementation means you can easily view and download the latest versions.

But I really want the old projects
We know that some people have problems using version 2 of scratch and will want to download the old versions, these aren't updated any more but if you really need them then here they are:

Term 1 Scratch PDFs
Term 2 Hard Scratch PDFs
Term 3 HTML/CSS PDFs
Term 4 Python PDFs

MARK HANCOX

Apr 8, 2015, 2:49:17 PM4/8/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks!

MARK HANCOX

Apr 12, 2015, 2:42:48 AM4/12/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Where's the best place to download Scratch 1.4 from? The link from the Scratch website isn't working, and while there are a number of other links available following a Google search, at least one site has tried to  give me a virus already so I'm a bit wary ...

Cheers
Mark

Bolding Gt Grandson

Apr 12, 2015, 3:44:58 AM4/12/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
The link's on the code club website, FAQ page right at the bottom of the page. I think it says term 1 projects. Clicking on this link then downloads a zipped file with notes, handouts, register etc. I'll try and put them in a google drive later on today.
Tony

Ben Smith

Feb 26, 2016, 5:41:00 AM2/26/16
to Derby Makers
Thank you for posting the old 1.4 resources - I couldnt find them on the official site/
I'm using them with pupils who dont yet have school email addresses so until I can find a way to resolve that Im stuck using the offline version.