Events maintenance and other jobs

Amanda McLaren

Dec 12, 2014, 9:43:13 AM12/12/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

At last I am posting a spread sheet so that we can start programming our volunteer hours. You'll see that along the bottom I've named the different sheets. I've put a couple of things in but this was really to test the headings. Gregory suggested uploading to google docs so that we can edit live...the other way might be to put on a members only area of the website but I will need advice on this. I know not everyone uses google so suggestions welcome. In the mean time if you would like to take ownership for facilitating an event please add all details you can against a date....if you do this it will be taken as given that you are committing to do this - I am happy to help organise things (I'm sure others will be up for assisting if you ask for help) if you need help let me/others know. I will then collate the sheet if you email it back to me - can I suggest the 5th of Jan as an initial deadline we can then communicate to Silk Mill team. If you have some ideas on maintenance tasks please add them to the list - once we have a bit of a list we can start putting our names to dates that we can commit to - again 5th Jan deadline.  If that's okay with everyone else?

Makers plan.xlsx

Thom Smith

Dec 13, 2014, 5:13:40 AM12/13/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amanda,

Looks good to me.  When I have the SID meeting with the Silk Mill arranged I'll add that to the list.
I think a live web-based document would be much less work for you to maintain.  Google-docs seems like a good way until the website is up and running.  Or perhaps I'm just not using the website right...

Tony Brookes

Dec 14, 2014, 9:26:32 AM12/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
HI Amanda

I've updated the spreadsheet, its a bit odd not needing to save the changes before leaving (that happens automatically)
Let me know you want me to alter anything I've done

Tony

Amanda McLaren

Dec 14, 2014, 12:15:35 PM12/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony

I don't understand...I can't see any changes that you have made and when I opened the doc it says I've made changes?? Which I didn't - I'm confused?? Maybe someone can explain to me on Thursday. Apologies in advance if I've somehow mucked up your work!

Amanda McLaren

T: 0777 28 48 892

Tony Brookes

Dec 14, 2014, 12:45:11 PM12/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Oh, they've gone.

If you're there Thursday evening, we'll see what I've done wrong
Tony

Bob Scratchit

Dec 14, 2014, 3:31:20 PM12/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Amanda

I've added a column to show the person-hours taken to 'staff' the event as we will need to be able to quickly sum up where we are.

Hopefully it's saved the changes.  We could also do with a sheet for the standard events such as code club, young maker and the Thursday evening support - I'll add one once I see the changes are working ok!

Jonathan

Amanda McLaren

Jan 14, 2015, 7:28:21 AM1/14/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hello All

Well it's official - I don't understand google docs....but I will not give up! Please can everyone who has amended the spread sheet I shared with you save a copy of your work and email it to me directly...I will then compile an up-to-date version and try the sharing process afresh...or get someone else to do it for me...
Thanks
Sorry I won't be there tonight, have fun. See you tomorrow if you're about.
Amanda

Morgan Barke

Jan 26, 2015, 6:01:21 AM1/26/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amanda

I am trying to plan my schedule and thought it would be helpful to put in some dates for my Derby Makers time contributions. You appeared to be making progress on Wednesday with the Google sheets. Is there a new sheet that we can all edit? No worries if not. I am sure between us, we can nail it on Wednesday,

Cheers, Morgan