Maker Workshop @ Nottingham Trent Uni

Morgan Barke

Mar 10, 2017, 4:29:24 AM3/10/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I have been provided this info that I would like to pass on. There is a chance I may attend, so let me know if anyone is thinking of also going.
See the attached flyer, but I have also pasted most of the text for your convenience.

Cheers, Morgan

Are you a Designer, Maker, Inventor or Engineer
looking to launch a product?

Our “Concept to Shelf – Turning Ideas into Reality” product development workshop
will look at the step-by-step process to successfully bring a new product to market:
Design – from conceptualisation and drawings to prototyping, packaging, and
intellectual property
Manufacturing & Logistics – from specification & selecting manufacturers,
quantities and financing to sourcing agents, shipping, customs, warehousing.
Sales & Marketing - What are the options? Exhibitions, Digital v traditional
marketing, Crowdfunding, Investment.
Date: Tuesday 28 th March 2017, 9am-1pm (lunch included) at Nottingham Trent
University. You can also book an optional 1:1 speed surgery during lunch to discuss
your idea.
This workshop will be delivered by Sorcit, an expert design, manufacture and supply
company involved with the launch of 318 products.
To be eligible to attend you must be a business or entrepreneur based in either
Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire. There is no cost to attend but booking is required.
Please contact Dana Church on (0115) 8482931 or email dana....@ntu.ac.uk.
The workshop is brought to you by Enabling Innovation, a three-year collaboration
between Nottingham Trent University, the University of Nottingham, and the University
of Derby to support SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire to innovate. It is part-
funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
'Concept to Shelf' flyer.pdf

Stuart Weaver

Mar 15, 2017, 11:10:41 AM3/15/17
to Derby Makers
oooohhhhh... free food??? Might be worth going then ;)