DM's 3D Printer Maintenance

Morgan Barke

Aug 6, 2015, 8:02:39 AM8/6/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I need to complete some large 3D prints using the Derby Makers 3D printer. So I am going to get it up, running and calibrated.

It is my understanding that Ben and Will were the last to have it working. Is there anything I need to know? Is there a PC already set up for it? Or will it run off anything with Pronterface? Are there any known issues with it?

Cheers, Morgan

David Evans

Aug 6, 2015, 9:15:23 AM8/6/15
to Morgan Barke
In the distant past I've used it from MacOS X running Pronterface, so it can be done.

Bob Scratchit

Aug 6, 2015, 10:50:49 AM8/6/15
to Morgan Barke

Do you mean the one we built (mendel90) or the ultimaker? I've been using pronterface to drive the mendel90 and skeinforge for slicing. There's a bit of a write up on our website with links /downloads with the programs and the configuration file for skeinforge

Morgan Barke

Aug 6, 2015, 1:48:44 PM8/6/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
The mendel90. Thanks I will take a look. Both Will and Ben are here and are getting it working. I will follow on from their progress... :)