Raspberry Pi amp stuff

Al Johnson

Dec 12, 2016, 6:28:43 PM12/12/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I remember Morgan mentioning having been offered an amp or dac for the
Raspberry Pi a bit back. I think he ended up option for the amp, but I'm not
sure. Anyway something like this springs to mind:
https://volumio.org/
https://www.max2play.com/en/
https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home
The last one's probably less use in this case - you need a separate
LogitechMediaServer instance running somewhere.
It looks like someone's used a very similar amp already:
https://www.max2play.com/en/2016/11/tobi81s-compact-max2play-system/

Then again I don't know where this might leave the Silk Mill in relation to
Performing Rights Society payments, so perhaps something else would be a
better idea.

Perhaps doing some text to speech from some sensor input?
http://fhem.de/commandref.html#Text2Speech

Morgan Barke

Dec 13, 2016, 3:18:53 AM12/13/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Al
It is the Hi Fi Berry 3A stereo version. They don't have it on their website now. I will put it in the cupboard for anyone else to start a media player project for the space.
https://www.hifiberry.com/

Cheers, Morgan