Another introduction...

Richard Patterson

Jul 22, 2017, 12:04:27 PM7/22/17
to Derby Makers
Hi Guys (and Gals?)

I've just joined the google group, and haven't read many of the past conversations... so apologies if I come across as a bit of a noobie.

I'm actually from the North East (Newcastle upon Tyne), and had considered joining the makers group up here, until I secured a new contract role in Derby that is...

(I'm an IT guy, doing all sorts of things, Networking, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, VMWare, Cisco, HP, DELL, you get the picture)

My new contract will have me in Derby for the next 3 months, possibly longer depending on how bad the clients think I am ;-)

I've had a bit of a poke around the website, and think this may be my solution to getting my "techie" fix while I'm working away.

The sort of things I'm interested in (at the mo - this changes fairly frequently):

Retro computers (Spectrum, Amstrad, C64, Amiga, CP/M, and others)
FPGA (Verilog / VHDL)
Arduino / Other micro controllers (PIC, STM, etc.)
Electronics in general (building stuff, PCBs, Soldering, etc.)
3d Printing (Recently bought one, and printed a few things after a bit of trial and error (more errors than none))

I see you meet at the Radio Communications Museum (there's conflicting information), and from looking on that site, it looks VERY interesting to me!

What's the current status? I see meetings every week on a Thursday, but then it says drop a message in here and request a visit on a Wednesday? (confused)

Is the space available other evenings?

Thanks

Hope to meet you all soon.

Cheers,

Richard

Morgan Barke

Jul 24, 2017, 9:12:58 AM7/24/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richards

We meet every Thursday at 6pm 9pm.

We are still in a transitional phase, as we don't have a fully functional workshop, but we are currently working on that...

Come down on any Thursday, personal introduce yourself and have a cuppa and a biscuit.

Thanks for the heads up on the conflicting information. I have now removed it.

Cheers, Morgan.