Is anyone available to volunteer for an hour this Saturday for a stores tour?

gryf...@hotmail.com

Sep 21, 2016, 8:46:07 AM9/21/16
to Derby Makers
Hi all,

We have a public tour around the collections store scheduled for this Saturday 24th with the lovely Jan, 14:00 - 15:00 here at the Silk Mill. http://www.derbymuseums.org/events/collections-revealed-spotlight-on-3/#.V-J5mdKkqh0  We're looking for a volunteer, already registered with Derby Museums, to support Jan with a bit of visitor support and management for the duration of the tour.  It'll be a lovely way to volunteer as you'll get to listen to Jan's fascinating tour and see behind the scenes of the museum, whilst helping to our collections and visitors safe and sound.

If you're interested in knowing more, I'll be at the Mill tonight for the Makers' meeting from around 18:30, or you can email me at gemma at derbymuseums dot org for more information.

Please let me know before 17:00 tomorrow (Thursday 22nd) if you'd like to lend a hand.

All best wishes,

Gemma

neil...@googlemail.com

Sep 22, 2016, 1:42:20 AM9/22/16
to Derby Makers
I could feel it worth this I'd noone else has already offered.

Neill

Stuart Weaver

Sep 22, 2016, 5:54:29 AM9/22/16
to Derby Makers
I'll let Neil have the honour, but if he drops ill or you need a backup, I can potentially put my name down :)

Stu

gryf...@hotmail.com

Sep 22, 2016, 12:05:51 PM9/22/16
to Derby Makers
Hi Neil and Stu,

I hope you're both well.  Thanks so much for the offer but the lovely Simon Carter offered to cover the tour last night at the meeting.  If you'd still like to come, that'd be great.  You'd be most welcome and it'll be a lovely tour. If not, we'll be running tours like this in future and we always like to have another pair of hands and eyes on the tour, just in case.  I'll post on here again next time.

Thanks so very much to you both.

All best wishes,

Gemma