Entry-level Milling Machine for sale.

Adam Ward

May 10, 2016, 2:06:56 AM5/10/16
to Derby Makers
Hi all,

I used to be a "social" member back before the time when DM had paid membership, I guess that was probably 3 years ago now?  I'm very glad to find you still resident at the Mill and doing well.

In the spirit of Makerdom I would like to let you know that I have an entry-level milling machine for sale.

It is a "Clarke CMD10" that I bought from Machine Mart a while back.  It is in fine condition and has been cared for.  There are no mechanical or safety defects and does not require any repairs.
In addition to the original spec for this machine, there have been three after-market customisations.
  1. The addition of DRO (digital read-out) on both X and Y axis travel.
  2. Drawbar magnet fitted (to allow a 3rd party tachometer to be installed for fine-grain control of spindle RPM).
  3. Vertical spindle-feed handle to make fine-depth control possible.
The tacho mentioned is not included as standard but may be for sale at extra cost.  I can demonstrate this item if needed.

I am looking for £350 (o.n.o.) for the machine, plus all original tools that came with it.  I will also include toe clamps, end-mills (set of 6 various sizes), collets, dial indicator, machining vice.

If you are interested then please let me know and I will be happy to give a full operational demonstration of the equipment before sale.
I cannot deliver it however, you'll have to pick it up yourself (bring some strong guys along for the heavy lifting!) as my poor back is definitely not up to it.

Happy to provide photos on request, the machine is still in-situ and in daily use.  Please consider DM as having first refusal on this item for a fortnight from now, with my best regards.

Finally,
  On a rather different and sad note, I offer my condolences to you all and to David Evans' loved ones for his passing.  I had the privilege to have a long conversation with him about several topics including engineering and electronics at one of the committee meetings.  He struck me as a highly intelligent and erudite gentleman and I enjoyed his insight and wit as well as his genuine interest in the lives of other people.

My best wishes to you all,

Adam.

Al Johnson

May 11, 2016, 4:59:17 PM5/11/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the offer. I think we'd need to talk to the Silk Mill about this
before we could give you and answer. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow
evening.

On Monday 09 May 2016 12:24:16 'Adam Ward' via Derby Makers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I used to be a "social" member back before the time when DM had paid
> membership, I guess that was probably 3 years ago now? I'm very glad to
> find you still resident at the Mill and doing well.
>
> In the spirit of Makerdom I would like to let you know that I have an
> entry-level milling machine for sale.
>
> It is a "Clarke CMD10" that I bought from Machine Mart a while back. It is
> in fine condition and has been cared for. There are no mechanical or
> safety defects and does not require any repairs.
> In addition to the original spec for this machine, there have been three
> after-market customisations.
>
> 1. The addition of DRO (digital read-out) on both X and Y axis travel.
> 2. Drawbar magnet fitted (to allow a 3rd party tachometer to be
> installed for fine-grain control of spindle RPM).
> 3. Vertical spindle-feed handle to make fine-depth control possible.

Adam Ward

May 11, 2016, 6:16:49 PM5/11/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

No problem, let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my OnePlus 2.

Adam Ward

May 15, 2016, 12:56:01 PM5/15/16
to Derby Makers
Hi Al,

Any news on this?

Al Johnson

May 15, 2016, 4:45:02 PM5/15/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

I'm sorry to say I was distracted by other things on Thursday and forgot to
bring it up. I suspect the answer will be that we can't take it, but I hoped
to check first. I'll try again Wednesday, but please don't delay any plans you
may have on our account, and thanks again for the offer.

Al Johnson

May 18, 2016, 7:06:39 PM5/18/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

Having checked with the silk mill and the various Makers who were there this
evening, we won't be able to take your milling machine, but thanks again for
the offer.

Adam Ward

May 19, 2016, 3:46:45 AM5/19/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com