We have an inventory!

Gregory Parker

Jan 16, 2015, 4:56:52 PM1/16/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

If you were here last Wednesday (14/1/15), you probably saw the stuff from our cupboard all over the floor!

Me and a few others were sorting, counting and logging all of the stuff that belongs to the hackspace, isolating it from the things that belong to the museum. As well as a clean cupboard, we now have a GitHub repository that lists everything we have. Feel free to edit it if you take/add anything or get someone like me, Al or Stu to do it for you.

Enjoy!

MARK HANCOX

Jan 17, 2015, 4:54:56 AM1/17/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Greg, that's most excellent.

There should be 16 Hi-Viz jackets left in the bag, 'cos 4 have been sold to DM members from the original order of 20. The size breakdown as ordered was as follows:

Med 4
Lge  4
XL   6
2XL  3
3XL  3

Probably worth a check to see what sizes we have left

From income received we sold 210 flashy badges at MMF 2014; so we'll need to order some more parts before we do another event of that size again.

Cheers
Mark

Gregory Parker

Jan 17, 2015, 5:34:37 AM1/17/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I'll update that accordingly. Glad you're pleased with it.

MARK HANCOX

Jan 28, 2015, 4:15:32 PM1/28/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I've received a few queries last week and this week regarding members taking DM resources (batteries, LEDs etc) from "our" cupboard. My view is that these are DM resources for the use of DM members, and that provided we're only talking about the odd one or two, members should be free to help themselves. I'd just suggest that if someone takes something, they let Greg know so he can keep the inventory updated.

Any objections to this?

David Evans

Jan 29, 2015, 2:47:00 AM1/29/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
On 28 Jan 2015, at 21:15, MARK HANCOX <mhan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've received a few queries last week and this week regarding members taking DM resources (batteries, LEDs etc) from "our" cupboard. My view is that these are DM resources for the use of DM members, and that provided we're only talking about the odd one or two, members should be free to help themselves.

I’m glad I brought this to the fore, though I ended up not needing anything! Mark’s stance seems reasonable.

> I'd just suggest that if someone takes something, they let Greg know so he can keep the inventory updated.

Or use git and update it yourself!

Morgan Barke

Jan 29, 2015, 4:09:42 AM1/29/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I agree this seems like a sensible approach.