Nottinghack rope making machine

Mouse

Feb 24, 2014, 3:54:38 PM2/24/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derby Makers, Mouse from Nottinghack here. I finished the rope making machine which we started to build a few weeks ago.  :-)

I found some 4.5 mm steel rod and got all creative with the method of getting it through the holes.  I actually sawed the rod in two and cut an M5 thread on both sides of the cut. Then I used a joining nut and two locking nuts to hold it together after passing it through the hole. This also acts as a stopper, keeping the rod in place. On one side of the join the thread was cut long enough to put two more locking nuts on the other side of the frame's front board, acting as the other stopper.

Thanks again for coming. Come back soon and help me use the new machine!

Mouse

MARK HANCOX

Feb 25, 2014, 1:47:40 PM2/25/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Mouse- good effort. Looking forward to comparing machines sometime soon. Do you want to come over to derby some time? Cheers,  Mark

Matthew Gates

Feb 26, 2014, 4:35:33 PM2/26/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
That would be fun. What I don't have is transport, so I'll see if I
can persuade someone with a car to come across and give me a lift.
What day do you meet up?

MARK HANCOX

Mar 2, 2014, 2:47:27 AM3/2/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Mouse

Thursday night has become DM night at the Silk Mill, though there's a lot of the "ReMake" stuff going on there at the same time (which many of us are involved in but which isn't a DM activity). Let us know which Thursday is good for you?

Cheers
Mark

Matthew Gates

Mar 14, 2014, 2:28:53 AM3/14/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I've maybe got a lift later on this month, although date is yet to be
confirmed... possibly 20th or 27th (depends on a third party...)
If/when I get the lift sorted out there will be a couple of us coming.
Are both these dates OK?

Mouse
P.S. I also have a surprise for you!

MARK HANCOX

Mar 15, 2014, 2:29:47 PM3/15/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com, Matt Mouse Gates

Mouse
I'll definitely be there for both, let us know which day you'll be there and we'll sort out some details.
Derby makers : who'll be around to return mouse's hospitality from the notting hack trip?
Cheers
Mark

Morgan Barke

Mar 20, 2014, 4:49:31 AM3/20/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there... I like surprises :)

MARK HANCOX

Mar 20, 2014, 6:36:43 AM3/20/14
to derby-...@googlegroups.com, Matt Mouse Gates

Mouse- are you coming to Derby tonight?

Matthew Gates

Mar 20, 2014, 11:16:22 AM3/20/14
to MARK HANCOX, derby-...@googlegroups.com
I was going to, but plans changed. I also can't get a lift next week,
but perhaps a week or two after. Sorry for the changes!

Mouse

MARK HANCOX

Mar 20, 2014, 11:56:54 AM3/20/14
to Matt Mouse Gates, derby-...@googlegroups.com

No worries. I may not be around those nights but if you can confirm a date we'll make sure someone is here to host you. Cheers Mark