Invitation: Digital DIY Workshop with the University of Westminster

Daniel Martin

Sep 6, 2016, 8:38:27 AM9/6/16
to Derby Makers
Hi everyone,

Later this month we're hosting a European Funded University of Westminster research project exploring creativity and impacts in relation to Digital DIY, which they call 'DiDIY'. By this they mean the growing accessibility of digital making technologies, alongside knowledge and data from the Internet and online communities, are enabling new ways for people to make things and do things.

They're specifically looking to explore 2 questions with us (it'll hopefully be a mixture of Derby Makers, Derby Museums staff and other makers we know):

1. Around how makers feel about themselves, how they learn and share, and how making affects them in everyday life

2. How does making relate to careers, work and maker businesses?

The workshop should take about an hour and we'd be looking to run it on Thursday 29th September between 7-8.30. Let me know if any of you would be interested and we'll start building a list.

Cheers all,

Daniel

Stuart Weaver

Sep 11, 2016, 5:20:47 PM9/11/16
to Derby Makers
Hi Daniel,

I should be around for this and will be happy to answer questions about DiDIY!

Regards,
Stu

Daniel Martin

Sep 15, 2016, 9:25:42 AM9/15/16