MakeFest Manchester

gryf...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2018, 4:13:49 PM3/1/18
to Derby Makers

Hi there,

I hope you're all well.  I’m getting in touch because Georgina Wells from the Museum of Science and Industry got in touch to let us know about MakeFest (details below) asking us to share the information with our networks of Makers.  I thought some of you might be interested, so here's the info.

"MakeFest is back! This year, our family festival of making, building, coding, crafting and tinkering has new dates and an exciting programme to celebrate the Year of Engineering 2018. But it’s still all about hands-on, do-it-yourself making at a festival that will take over the Museum of Science and Industry on Saturday 26 – Sunday 27 May and give our visitors a chance to try something new.

We need all kinds of people to make MakeFest happen. Techie, maker, engineer, hacker, hobbyist, crafter, artist, tinker, tailor or even a candlestick maker – we want to hear from you.

If you’re available to take part on both Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 May, click here to go to our website and fill out a short application form or download our Festival Pack for more information.

The official closing date for applications is this Sunday 4 March, but we are likely to extend this and are happy to have conversations outside this timeframe."

Sounds cool and I thought some of you might be interested.

All best wishes,

Gemma

Co-production Volunteer and Programme Coordinator

Derby Museums