Derby Makers Steering Committee meeting: April 13th

David Evans

Mar 24, 2016, 3:56:39 PM3/24/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

It is time we held another meeting of the Steering Committee.

The Silk Mill
Wednesday April 13th, 18:30

Agenda to follow.

I am posting it to everyone because I am suspicious of the list I have. It comprises:

Jonathan Lane
James Moore
David Evans
Amanda McLaren
Morgan Barke
Paul Stevens
Al Johnson
Britta Jarvis
Stuart Weaver
Neill Grant
Grant Gibbson

That means there is room for one more member, or more if some of the individuals listed above have vanished or don’t wish to be on the committee any longer. Let me know!

See you there and then.

grant gibson

Mar 24, 2016, 4:22:49 PM3/24/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Could I add the Barclays Eagle Space discussion please?

Regards

Grant

Morgan Barke

Mar 24, 2016, 5:11:50 PM3/24/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
The board had planned to meet with the Silk Mill the week before on the 6th April, so we could report back at the committee meeting. But the Silk Mill can no longer do the 6th, so have suggested the 13th and we move the committee meeting to the 20th.

I discussed this with Gemma Hopkins and we were in 2 minds of whether the board should meet with the Silk Mill before, or after the committee meeting. There is an element of chicken and egg with these 2 meetings.

@Grant. Would the date of meeting with Barclays Eagle Space help with choosing the date and order of the meetings?

Cheers, Morgan

grant gibson

Mar 24, 2016, 5:20:05 PM3/24/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

There isn't a firm date with Barclays I am tabling the motion as to whether we want to go forward with a discussion. I suspect barclays will go with our suggestion although maybe after both meetings if we want to discuss it in more detail with the Silk Mill

Regards

Grant

Morgan Barke

Mar 25, 2016, 6:59:45 AM3/25/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Ok. So it sound like we should stick to the 13th April for our committee meeting and arrange the Board/SilkMill meeting on the 20th April (or the next suitable date).

I would like to add "The Mendal 3D Printer" to the agenda, so I can update the committee of my activity and get any feedback.

Morgan Barke

Mar 25, 2016, 7:12:12 AM3/25/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Also add the new website - feedback and non-techical discussion of what we want to be.

Stuart Weaver

Apr 12, 2016, 11:38:34 AM4/12/16
to Derby Makers
Just a friendly reminder to all that there is a committee meeting tomorrow!!! To make sure there is time for those going to David's rememberance at the University Times/Place are as follows:

Place: Silk Mill (Room upstairs [blue room?])
Arrive: 18:30
Meeting Start: 19:00

I don't know what else is on The Agenda, but items I can think of so far (not exhaustive) are:

- How to commemorate David
- Discussion of new Secretary
- Barclays Eagle Space discussion
- The Mendal 3D Printer
- DM Website
- Display Cabinet
- Summary of Finances/Membership

Reply back on this thread if there is anything else that should be added

Thanks,
Stu

James Moore

Apr 12, 2016, 12:17:44 PM4/12/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to it!
Potentially worth discussing workshops/courses - how we arrange them, getting volunteers, using EventBrite etc

Jim

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 08:38:34 -0700
From: smwea...@gmail.com
To: derby-...@googlegroups.com