New Derby Makers Website

Morgan Barke

Mar 19, 2016, 7:11:29 PM3/19/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all.

I have manually migrated the old website to a new Wordpress implementation, so we can once again control, update and add content.

http://derbymakers.barkengmad.com

My focus has been getting the basics ready to go live, so still needs plenty more work in terms of design and content. I would really appreciate any help on this, so please reply if you want me to create you a user login.

If you just want to chime in with your thoughts and feedback, then please do.

I have a little bit of back end tinkering to do and should move to live during the week.

Cheers, Morgan

Ben Dunicliff

Mar 20, 2016, 11:27:05 AM3/20/16
to Derby Makers
Hi, Everything looks great.

I wouldn't mind a login to look around and help where possible.

What is happening about the domain?

Morgan Barke

Mar 20, 2016, 5:30:50 PM3/20/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Ben. I will sort you a user login when I am next editing.

It will move to derbymakers.co.uk this week and that will now be the primary domain. Once the .com is released we will forward to .co.uk.

Thom Smith

Mar 21, 2016, 12:53:42 PM3/21/16
to Derby Makers
Hi Morgan,

This does look good - thanks for making it happen.
I'd like a user login and am happy to upload a project or two (boxmaking, bookcase making, SID, etc)

Tom

Morgan Barke

Mar 21, 2016, 6:15:16 PM3/21/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
The website is now live.

It would be great if the "Our Makers" section has everyone who is happy to be on it, on it. So, please either request a login, or email your bio and I will upload it, with a picture ideally. If you are around on a Wednesday, I will be reminding people.

@Ben I have added you as admin.

@Tom Thanks. It will be great if you could create that content. I have added you as an editor, if you want to help go beyond adding content, then let me know and I will upgrade you to admin.

MARK HANCOX

Mar 22, 2016, 1:42:24 PM3/22/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I had a login to the previous site, will that carry over to this new one? If not, can I have one please?

Cheers

Britta Jarvis

Mar 22, 2016, 1:46:47 PM3/22/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I'd like a login please :) gonna content the hell out of this website! (Or I may just post one thing. Who knows.)

- Britta

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 17:42:23 +0000
Subject: Re: [derby-makers] Re: New Derby Makers Website
From: mhan...@gmail.com
To: derby-...@googlegroups.com

Thom Smith

Mar 22, 2016, 4:56:11 PM3/22/16
to Derby Makers
Thanks Morgan,

Being an editor will mostly do I think - although let me know if you'd like help as an admin and I will learn those ropes.
I've added my bio to the "our makers" page, and have put up a quick article on parametric box-making.  Let me know if it's not in the right place, or not the sort of content that you're looking for.

Just wanted to say again good work.  I know how tricky it can be to get a site to sit together properly, and I think this is a job done well.

Tom

Morgan Barke

Mar 22, 2016, 5:14:32 PM3/22/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
@Mark. No it won't transfer, so follow the link in the email you should have just got.

@Britta. The images in your bio page were missing, so they didn't transfer. Have a look at your profile page and update if you need. Looking forward to your one or many posts... Oh yeah, there's a good size bag of raw wool in the DM cabinet waiting for you... :)

@Tom. All looks good, thanks for getting straight on there and adding content. It was more admin and manually transferring data, than anything else. I am just glad the core of it is done and we can start building up our online presence.

MARK HANCOX

Mar 22, 2016, 5:38:09 PM3/22/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Morgan. Any reason why it has you as the author of my post?

Cheers
Mark

Britta Jarvis

Mar 22, 2016, 5:41:04 PM3/22/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome thanks Morgan :D I've just updated my members post with pictures.

- Britta

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 21:38:08 +0000

From: mhan...@gmail.com
To: derby-...@googlegroups.com

Morgan Barke

Mar 22, 2016, 6:03:24 PM3/22/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
@Mark. At the time of migrating the data, I was the only user, so I am the author of most things. Now you are a user with editor rights, you can change any posts that you originally created with you as the author. If you don't get round to it, at some point I will update them all, once the relevant users have been added.

@Britta. Cool. Loving the pics :)