Thursday evenings

RCJW Huxley

Apr 17, 2018, 4:44:24 AM4/17/18
to Derby Makers
Hello,

 I just wanted to ask if you have any youngsters in the group? My son is 11 and I wondered if it might be possible to bring him along one Thursday evening?

Many thanks,
Caroline Huxley

Morgan Barke

Apr 18, 2018, 6:37:21 AM4/18/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Caroline

We don't currently have any "youngsters" in our group. Shared interests and enthusiasm is way more important than proximity of age. You are both very welcome to come along and we can chat and explore what interests and potential projects yourself and your son have.

Thanks, Morgan.

Paul Stevens

Apr 27, 2018, 8:56:49 AM4/27/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
The Radio Museum will be closed for the 5 weeks in May but we can meet at the Silk Mill pub from 1800 in the upstairs room. The pub have agreed to let us have the room for free as long as we buy a few drinks and meals (which should not be too much of a hardship).

However they already have a booking for the 24th May so we will need to find an alternative venue or move to the Wednesday that week. Can I suggest we discuss this next week

Paul

Al Johnson

Apr 27, 2018, 9:17:41 AM4/27/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Also at that meeting I'll be going through how to add/edit pages and posts on
the web site with Mark, and anyone else who wants to know how to do this.

I've added the first few of these, and the Makers Market event, to a publicly
available calendar. Makers can update events via their cloud account. I'll aim
to connect this to the web site so we can manage it from one place.
https://cloud.derbymakers.co.uk/index.php/apps/calendar/p/4R7nMy3CmDLjy6NG/
Derby-Makers-Events

Al Johnson

Apr 27, 2018, 9:46:58 AM4/27/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, it's looking like I won't be able to make the whole day after all. I
can still get there for set up 9ish, but will have to leave early, probably
around 3pm. I'll try to remember to bring some soldered flashy badges to the
meeting on Thursday.

Al Johnson

Apr 27, 2018, 9:51:01 AM4/27/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry again - that message was meant for the Makers Market thread.

MARK HANCOX

Apr 29, 2018, 2:31:27 PM4/29/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
The next Steering Committee meeting has been scheduled for that Thursday (May 24th). I can reschedule my plans for the week to do Wednesday rather than Thursday; can everyone else do the same?

Also, I spoke to Steve briefly on Thursday, regarding Tuesday opening. He's certainly good for us to do the first Tuesday of each month, but he has a commitment each 2nd Tuesday so we won't get in the building. I have his email address(es) so I'll be in touch with him nearer the time to confirm we're OK for Tuesday June 5th (which will be our first meeting at the RM after the "break").

Cheers
Mark

Paul Stevens

Apr 29, 2018, 2:44:54 PM4/29/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark, sorry but I can’t do the 24th as on holiday.  I can do the 17th or the 31st or you can go ahead without me.  I can prepare the numbers if need be.  Don’t forget that the room in the Silk Mill is not available on the 24th though.
Cheers
Paul

Morgan Barke

Apr 30, 2018, 6:02:46 AM4/30/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I had committee meeting down for 31st, but maybe we discussed and I did not change in my diary. I can't do Thursday 17th, Wednesday 23rd, and 24th might be a bit sketchy, but need to confirm. 31st is still good with me.
Cheers, Morgan

Paul

Al Johnson

Apr 30, 2018, 6:16:18 AM4/30/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I had it down for the 31st as well, and can't make the 24th. 17th and 31st are
currently clear. 23rd possible but I'd prefer not to.