Last years maker fair, desktop CNC exhibit.

David Ward

Jun 2, 2016, 12:35:59 PM6/2/16
to Derby Makers
Hi, I came to the maker fair at the Silk Mill last year, I think it was around September time and you had the shonkbot workshop. Anyway, there was an exhibitor there that was showing a desktop CNC machine made from ply wood or MDF and the plans were open source. I think the demonstration used a scalpel to cut shapes from paper. Between then and now I have managed to lose the web site and the name of the project and for the life of me cannot find it via Google. I was wondering if anyone has built this machine, or knows the name of this project or even the website where the plans came from? I know the website was UK based, possibly Bristol but then I might be merging memories of the shonkbot.

Thanks and happy hacking!

David

Al Johnson

Jun 2, 2016, 6:57:25 PM6/2/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
minimillcnc.com perhaps?

David Ward

Jun 3, 2016, 4:21:02 AM6/3/16
to Derby Makers
Fantastic! That is the one, thank you so much 😄