Gamegrrl raspberry pi /retropie help

grant gibson

Jun 21, 2017, 3:28:45 PM6/21/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Evening all

I have made a raspberry pi based pigrrl 2 as per the link below

However when it came to turning the unit on I got a white screen

As some of you may remember about a year ago I had the retropie working at the Silk Mill on the giant screen and I put it into my other raspberry pi hooked it up to my TV tonight and it still worked

I have tried to follow the steps online for setting up the tft screen however when I try and run

Sudo bash pitft-fbcp.sh it says it doesn't exist

Would anyone be able / interested in helping me get the unit up and running? I know that I'm about 99 percent there

Regards
Grant

Al Johnson

Jun 21, 2017, 8:50:58 PM6/21/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
The line before the one you mention downloads pitft-fbcp.sh - did it succeed?
It should look something like this (apart from the line wrap):

curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adafruit/Raspberry-Pi-Installer-Scripts/master/pitft-fbcp.sh
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time
Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 5803 100 5803 0 0 7501 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 7497

The 5803 is the file size in bytes.
My guess is that either the download failed (network problem?) or there's a
spelling mistake somewhere.

grant gibson

Jun 22, 2017, 2:58:32 PM6/22/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Al

It was a classic case of a typo causing the problems I didn't realise it was the letter o not the number zero

It's all sorted now and working now it's great I'm thinking of doing another one using a raspberry pi zero now

Regards

Grant

Morgan Barke

Jun 23, 2017, 4:36:40 AM6/23/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a cool project. Can you bring it in at some point, so I can check it out.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/derby-makers.

grant gibson

Jun 23, 2017, 4:42:55 AM6/23/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com