Open Invitation - Arts & Heritage in the Public Realm Strategy

Chris Keady

Sep 2, 2016, 8:38:41 AM9/2/16
to Derby Makers
Hello all,

Delighted to share the below invitation from Sue Ball and Ian Banks -

Dear Derby Makers,

Arts & Heritage in the Public Realm Strategy – Coproduction and Walk & Talk Events

Are you free to meet next Wednesday 7th September, 6.15-7.00pm to share ideas?

To develop design thinking and a Strategy and Action Plan for the Silk Mills’ public spaces through arts and heritage, Hannah and the team have commissioned Ian Banks and myself within a development phase completing in January 2017.

We are proposing to run an initial programme of collaborative Walks and Talks as three events led by different artists. Through art intervention and creative dialogue, their purpose will be to consider what is public space in the context of the Silk Mill and map diverse sets of ideas, interests and stories.  These will be part of an iterative process of design creating new places for creative encounter and a re-visioned building and public realm.

Keeping true to the ethos of co-production and wanting to ensure that the Derby Makers, user groups and other stakeholders are part of the collaborative process, I would like to meet you next Wednesday 7th Sept during your session.  We would like to have your input on how these events could work in ways that could be useful for you as individuals and collective, and to inform the Strategy and longer term programme of public art within the Silk Mill.

I hope that you can make this when we can discuss the programme and share ideas.

Very best,

Sue Ball and Ian Banks

www.maap.org.uk

http://atoll.beachcomb.co.uk/category/public-art/

Please feel free to get in touch directly with any questions.

Chris

s...@sueball.co.uk

Sep 8, 2016, 2:14:34 AM9/8/16
to Derby Makers
Hi Derby Makers and thanks to Chris for posting. Ideas for the public realm works are at a very early stage and it would be good to discuss these with you and to see where we can collaborate or commission.Hope that you can make it (also that you don't mind that Ive joined your list - I can post updates fyi). Very best Sue

Morgan Barke

Sep 8, 2016, 6:18:26 AM9/8/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
It was good to meet you yesterday and from the time i spent discussing, it seemed that the session was productive. I look forward to seeing the summary of the session posted here and the next steps.
Cheers, Morgan