Kitronik Order

Stuart Weaver

Dec 8, 2016, 2:31:44 PM12/8/16
to Derby Makers
Hi All,

Looks like there is the opportunity for an order with kitronik... get your requests in while you can!!!

Cheers,
Stu

Steve Martin

Dec 8, 2016, 2:52:53 PM12/8/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

I never thought I should have asked about a shared order. I was planning an order from them next Tuesday and collecting instead of delivery.

When are you talking about?

I want to cut some wood on the laser cutter next Wednesday if possible since it's for Xmas presents :-)

Thanks,

Steve

Al Johnson

Dec 9, 2016, 3:50:55 PM12/9/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Might I suggest using some Derby Makers funds to keep a stock of laser
materials for resale to members (or others?) to get around the minimum order
issues?

On Thursday, 8 December 2016 19:52:50 GMT Steve Martin wrote:
> I never thought I should have asked about a shared order. I was planning an
> order from them next Tuesday and collecting instead of delivery.
>
> When are you talking about?
>
> I want to cut some wood on the laser cutter next Wednesday if possible
> since it's for Xmas presents :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>
> On 8 Dec 2016 19:31, "Stuart Weaver" <smwea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Looks like there is the opportunity for an order with kitronik... get your
> > requests in while you can!!!
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Stu

Steve Martin

Dec 13, 2016, 3:05:55 AM12/13/16
to Derby Makers, al...@adj.org.uk
I was going to post here again over the weekend but to be honest I ended up busy and forgot.  Since there was no other posts I've just submitted an order.  I didn't notice a minimum order amount on the website, I've only ordered enough to get a total of £25.  I'm going to collect the order (hopefully today).

I think it sounds like a good idea to keep some materials in stock as Al has suggested.  Maybe a few of the A4 sized sheets, a bit easier to store maybe and good for beginners to try it out with a bit more space than using the off cuts in the box near the laser cutter.

As for the ordering and collection, by the time I'd finished typing this email I'd already got an email saying the order was in progress and I could collect it after 30 minutes.  At least I'm not wondering if I'll get it all morning now :)

Steve

Stuart Weaver

Dec 13, 2016, 5:14:43 AM12/13/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com, ch...@derbymakers.co.uk, secr...@derbymakers.co.uk
sound's great Steve, sorry I've been busy and haven't been able to reply back myself. The original reason for wanting to order has changed now and the person wanting to order has decided to wait until the new year.

Morgan/Paul, I'm open to Derby Makers buying some stock of laser ply do we believe that 100 of https://www.kitronik.co.uk/3207-3mm-laser-plywood-297mm-x-210mm-a4.html would be a good idea? This would mean that individuals would then only pay 50p per sheet instead of the normal 90p if ordering individually. Let me know your thoughts/decisions.

Cheers,
Stu

Graeme Smith

Dec 13, 2016, 6:53:48 AM12/13/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Just a warning that these smaller sheets can be susceptible to those internal tough bits that just soot up and block the cut. Had quite a few on my last batch.

Graeme

Morgan Barke

Dec 13, 2016, 7:29:30 AM12/13/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I use SLEC for all my wood and normally comes our cheaper than anywhere else. Is A4 a desirable size? 100 is a lot, when often you will need bigger than A4. It might be worth thinking about what are really needed by the group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/derby-makers.