Interested in Joining.

Philip smith

Feb 22, 2017, 4:24:10 AM2/22/17
to Derby Makers
Hi,

I've been to the Thursday night open make sessions a few times and am interested in joining the Derby Makers.

I've been making steampunk jewellery for a while now as well as the odd prop for various games and occasionally stage show. I also dabble with leatherworking from time to time.

I'm especially interested in expanding my pretty basic electronics skills including arduino tech.

Phil

Steve Martin

Feb 22, 2017, 4:56:57 AM2/22/17
to Derby Makers
Hi Phil,

I joined not long ago to do like you and expand my knowledge of electronics, I've got an arduino and some other arduino compatible boards.  Do you have a website about your steampunk Jewellery?  I'd like to see what you've made.

As for joining, I just checked and the forms on the Derby Makers website look to be up to date, they are here: http://derbymakers.co.uk/join/.  I'm sure someone on the committee will let you know if you need to do anything differently.  As far as I know you're welcome to bring the form down tonight if you want to, I'm going to be there tonight.

Steve

Paul Stevens

Feb 22, 2017, 5:01:38 AM2/22/17
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,
I see Steve has beaten me to it.  Yes you would be very welcome tonight.  I’ll be there from 6 to about 8.  I’ll have a form for you to fill in if you haven’t downloaded one.
I am also interested in electronics and programming.  I have played with arduino and am currently doing a Pi project.  It would be good to compare notes
Hope to watch up tonight
Cheers
Paul
(Secretary)

Philip smith

Feb 28, 2017, 3:34:37 AM2/28/17
to Derby Makers
Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply I thought Google would email me when I got a response to my post.

I'm equally curious about Pi as well, any programmable electronic systems in fact.

I can pop by tomorrow if that's any good? Hope you see you guys there.

Phil

Philip smith

Feb 28, 2017, 11:28:07 AM2/28/17
to Derby Makers
Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply.

I don't have a jewellery site yet as my work has either been personal project or commission but I do have a FB folder that I've just set to public, so hopefully it will be viewable.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.467944835996.252956.587315996&type=1&l=be449b1933

Hope to be around this Wednesday.

Phil