Kickstarter 3D printer for $99

Glyn Smith

Apr 16, 2016, 3:16:04 AM4/16/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

grant gibson

Apr 16, 2016, 3:18:21 AM4/16/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

I saw that the other day it does indeed look interesting although I don't know how well it will actually work. If you look at the print times you are talking 6 hours and having a phone screen on for 6 hours is probably be not a great thing for your phone and it will certainly have to be on charge during printing.

Regards

Grant

Glyn Smith

Apr 16, 2016, 3:27:47 AM4/16/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps a cheap, sacrificial phone could be used.
It did say the print resolution was dependant on the screen resolution.
I'm tempted to back it as I've a couple of unused phones floating around somewhere :-)

Paul Stevens

Apr 16, 2016, 6:17:10 AM4/16/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Mmmm,  neat idea.

All the best
Paul

On 16 Apr 2016 08:16, "'Glyn Smith' via Derby Makers" <derby-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Morgan Barke

Apr 17, 2016, 3:48:55 PM4/17/16
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, nice product. Shame it is proprietary.

I would set it printing while I sleep...