Community Out Reach Event

Morgan Barke

Apr 13, 2018, 7:36:47 PM4/13/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
A while back I listened to a program on Radio 4 and I think this was the project that was discussed. I thought this might be good way to increase our community out reach, get some good publicity and expand our membership.
https://therestartproject.org/

Cheers, Morgan

Paul Stevens

Apr 14, 2018, 4:09:57 AM4/14/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Morgan, its certainly worth having a good look at this.  I’m not sure if Steve would want the Museum involved but he would certainly have the kit to help fix stuff.  It could be the community involvement he seems to be wanting though.  I guess the concern from his point of view would be security.
Cheers
Paul

Al Johnson

Apr 14, 2018, 10:20:28 AM4/14/18
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
It's an interesting one to look at. I know Nottinghack have been involved in
similar events in the past. I'd like to know more about handling of liability
concerns, as I've known that to kill volunteer bike repair. They have some
stuff about disclaimers and the need for public liability insurance, and doing
electrical safety tests on anything leaving - see link below. Once upon a time
I was signed off for PAT testing, but I don't know what the requirements are
now.

https://therestartproject.org/restartparty/safety-managing-risk/

Their wiki's got a good primer on IT security too...

https://therestartproject.org/wiki/Be_Your_Own_Security_Expert