HLF Visit

Bob Scratchit

Feb 23, 2015, 2:10:52 PM2/23/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Next Monday (2nd March) The Heritage Lottery Fund will be visiting the Silk Mill as part of their assessment for the Museum of Making funding application.

For the afternoon of the visit there will be a school group in for some practical activities and the workshop will be open from 1:30-4.  If any of our members are available to support this time and have something to be doing (lasering / 3D printering / SIDing etc) it would be good if we could have a couple of bodies there to represent DM.

Alternatively if you have anything you have made which could be displayed as examples of what our members do please take it in to the Silk Mill.  We don't need a lot but a couple of examples would be good.

If you can support please let me know along with what you will be doing.  I will be there to support the formal Q&A session with the HLF committee representing DM.

Cheers,

Jonathan.

Graeme Smith

Feb 23, 2015, 3:14:32 PM2/23/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jonathan,
I'll be there to run the workshop with the school group and intend to make use of the Laser for this.

Graeme

Paul Stevens

Feb 23, 2015, 4:19:24 PM2/23/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jonathan,  I can be there with "son of SID" available as the working basic prototype but there will be nothing I could do other than have it running round it's track.  Would that help?

All the best
Paul

Morgan Barke

Feb 24, 2015, 3:42:11 AM2/24/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I will try and make it, but if I can't I will ensure I have some work to leave behind to exhibit.

Bolding Gt Grandson

Feb 24, 2015, 4:50:38 AM2/24/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I can't make Monday, but like the idea of a display of work - I could bring 2 items for display on Thursday evening if we are doing a display of work.
Tony

David Evans

Feb 24, 2015, 5:24:20 AM2/24/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com, StuartParkinson
I doubt I can make it on Monday but will endeavour to leave something to show.

Stuart, where is the acrylic case for the sign? I was thinking all of that.

Bob Scratchit

Mar 1, 2015, 3:32:04 PM3/1/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone.

Thanks for the responses, and sorry for the slow response.  The workshop bit will run from 1:20 until 2:30, with the HLF team observing the school kids in an activity so anything we have going on will be a bit of a side show.  It will still be good to have a presence there and if the school kids get done with the laser thing then they can be occupied with what we have to show.

Paul if you can be there with son of SID that would be great.  I'll be there to help out generally during the workshop and will then stay on for the HLF discussion.

Cheers,

Jonathan

David Evans

Mar 1, 2015, 3:57:02 PM3/1/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
On 1 Mar 2015, at 20:32, Bob Scratchit <scratch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> Thanks for the responses, and sorry for the slow response. The workshop bit will run from 1:20 until 2:30, with the HLF team observing the school kids in an activity so anything we have going on will be a bit of a side show. It will still be good to have a presence there and if the school kids get done with the laser thing then they can be occupied with what we have to show.

I have left my scrolly-LED-clock thing in a white box on the top shelf of the DM cabinet. Feel free to plug it in to show something if you desire. It’s rather temperamental, so it’s a good example of a real prototype!

Some people wanted to make rope when I was in there today; always a big hit.

Thanks, Jonathan!