New 3D printer control board

Morgan Barke

Aug 14, 2015, 10:02:16 AM8/14/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again to Ben and Will for looking into getting the DM 3D printer up and running. Ben and Will advise me that in order to get it working reliably we need to replace the control board and stepper drivers. Will is going to spec what we need and then I am hoping to get this purchase approved by the board and installed ASAP.

@Will. If you can post the spec and cost here.

Cheers, Morgan.

Bob Scratchit

Aug 14, 2015, 11:00:08 AM8/14/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Just be aware that we don't own this printer. It belongs to the Silk Mill.  You will need their approval to make any changes.

What is wrong with what is there? Apart from the control for the nozzle fan it was working OK last time I used it.

Morgan Barke

Aug 14, 2015, 11:07:27 AM8/14/15
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I was thinking it is Derby Makers.
Ben & Will can advise why a new control board is preferable.