How to include post steps in jenkins for OWASP Dependency-Check

Prakhash Sivakumar

Jun 2, 2016, 2:25:46 AM6/2/16
to Dependency Check
Hi all,
I'm following this tutorial to use OWASP Dependency-Check plugin as Jenkins plugin, I'm not clear about adding post steps and post build steps which are mentioned in this example, do I need to configure the OWASP Dependency-Check plugin for every job I work with ?

it would be great if anyone could suggest me any material where I can find proper documentation on this integration.

Thanks

PS: I have posted this in Jenkins Users group, Since I didn't get any response I'm reposting it here.

Steve Springett

Jun 2, 2016, 4:03:13 PM6/2/16
to Dependency Check
The tutorial referenced, talks about advanced deployment options for enterprises and large CI chains.

Specifically, it attempts to create two or build job configurations that will reduce the amount of disk space and build times required to run an analysis.

In general however, yes, the Dependency-Check plugin needs to be configured for every job. This is true for any build-step plugin such as FindBugs, PMD, CheckStyle, etc.

By ‘integration’ what are you referring to? If you simply want to get a working job, then there’s very little configuration required. Add the post build publisher step, and optionally add the build step to perform the analysis. If you don’t analyze with the Jenkins plugin, you can use the Maven, Ant, Gradle, or CLI to perform the analysis and use the Jenkins publisher step to visualize results.

—Steve

Prakhash Sivakumar

Jun 3, 2016, 9:11:50 AM6/3/16
to Dependency Check
Hi steve,
I was little confused with the post step configuration, anyway I have figured out the issue.

here is I have written complete step by step flow that I followed to do the Integration, might be useful for the people who are searching for documentations.

Thanks