Attention - git forks/clones

Jeremy Long

Jul 27, 2015, 7:05:17 AM7/27/15
to Dependency Check
All,

Recently we were informed that the github repo has grown extremely large (see issue #283). This is due to a few large binary objects in the test resources. To resolve the issue I have used the BFG to re-write history and remove the large blobs in past commits.

If you have cloned or forked my github repo for dependency-check please delete the clone/fork and recreate it. PRs that are based on the old repo history will not be accepted.

Lots of updates have happened recently and the team will be releasing 1.3 soon!

--Jeremy

Visser, Dale

Jul 27, 2015, 10:26:10 AM7/27/15
to Jeremy Long, Dependency Check

Jeremy:

Will do. Is there a plan for avoiding more large binary blobs in the future?

Best regards,

Dale

Jeremy Long

Jul 28, 2015, 5:51:50 AM7/28/15
to Dependency Check, jerem...@gmail.com, jerem...@gmail.com
With regards to large blobs in the future - I hope we don't add any ;)

This was due to two things:

1) The parent project contains a 40mb zip file. This file has occasionally been moved/changed.
2) There are a few JAR files in test/resources. We can see if these are identical to the ones in central - but I do not believe they all are. If we can remove these in place of test dependencies we can reduce the size even more.

--Jeremy