Understanding proxy config

Kaj Hejer

Jul 30, 2017, 1:15:50 PM7/30/17
to dependen...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for the new versions!

I'm trying to use a proxy for the dependency-check-maven plugin.

I have defined my proxy in settings.xml. If I set active to true for this proxy it seems like it is used for all network access maven does, which I do not want. If I set active to false for the proxy in settings.xml and set the mavenSettingsProxyId in the config for the dependency-check-maven plugin it seems like the proxy isn't used.

I would be very grateful if anyone would like to make this a bit clearer for me.

Thanks!

-Kaj :)

Jeremy Long

Aug 5, 2017, 6:54:16 AM8/5/17
to Kaj Hejer, dependen...@googlegroups.com
This is something that I've been trying to figure out to answer questions like yours and others.  I've had one thought that I have not yet tested would be to define two active proxies with the first having a broad non-proxy host:

  <proxies>
   <proxy>
      <id>non-proxy</id>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <host>proxy.example.com</host>
      <port>8080</port>
      <username>proxyuser</username>
      <password>somepassword</password>
      <nonProxyHosts>*</nonProxyHosts>
    </proxy>
    <proxy>
      <id>nvd</id>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <host>proxy.example.com</host>
      <port>8080</port>
      <username>proxyuser</username>
      <password>somepassword</password>
    </proxy>
  </proxies>

Then tell the dependency-check plugin to use the nvd proxy. If that fails, another option would be to maintain a list of non-proxied hosts. I think keeping the list of non-proxy hosts (which is likely your internal network) is likely the more correct solution.

--Jeremy

-Kaj :)

Kaj Hejer

Aug 21, 2017, 12:43:32 PM8/21/17