Python scanning

Ashish Mishra

Nov 13, 2017, 12:13:31 PM11/13/17
to Dependency Check
Hi,
      I was just wondering what is process of scanning python repo. I have a python repo where lots of python files are there. I have configured like /**/*.py, But I see reports like depependency-check-report.xml with 0 unique warnings and 0 duplicates. Then i scanned another test repo from github and got same result. Am i missing something here? There should some reports.

Regards,
Ashish

Visser, Dale

Nov 13, 2017, 12:50:16 PM11/13/17
to Ashish Mishra, Dependency Check

The online documentation looks a little out of sync with how the CLI application currently works. Have you tried “--enableExperimental”?

Ashish Mishra

Nov 16, 2017, 1:47:50 PM11/16/17
to Dependency Check
Dale. I am using pipeline syntax so could not use --enableExperimental, I think that is for cli version

Ashish Mishra

Nov 20, 2017, 2:37:59 PM11/20/17
to Dependency Check
what do you think guys?

Ashish Mishra

Dec 1, 2017, 12:07:16 PM12/1/17
to Dependency Check
I have ended up by downloading and running cli. something like below.

    unzip dependency-check-3.0.2-release.zip
    /home/ec2-user/dependency-check/bin/dependency-check.sh --project "Dev" --scan "/src/python" --format "XML" --disableNSP "true" --enableExperimental --disablePyDist "false" --disablePyPkg "false"
    dependencyCheckPublisher canComputeNew: false, defaultEncoding: '', healthy: '0', pattern: '', unHealthy: '1000'