Suggestions wanted: how to share test credentials

Adrian Cole

Mar 14, 2015, 11:57:05 AM3/14/15
to denomin...@googlegroups.com
Right now, I have test credentials supplied DynECT, UltraDNS,
DiscoveryDNS, Rackspace and Google Cloud. I also have paid-for
credentials for HP cloud (designate), and Amazon.

I'd like for us to be able to share access to credentials, if at least
for testing.

This could be a credential store authorized by github, or this could
be a parameterized travis or cloudbees job that allows contributors to
kick off live tests. Maybe it could be something else.

Let's figure out what to do here.

https://github.com/Netflix/denominator/issues/338

Everett Toews

Mar 14, 2015, 12:23:12 PM3/14/15
to Adrian Cole, denomin...@googlegroups.com
Have you checked out blackbox?

I haven’t used it at all. Just heard about it.

Everett

Adrian Cole

Mar 18, 2015, 1:39:13 PM3/18/15
to Everett Toews, denomin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tip. Seems like a pretty complete solution, although a
mouthful to read. I think I might start with a wiki with supported
providers and who to contact for ad-hoc testing creds. Ex. we don't
even need to share for things like google, as they'll just issue
whoever credentials :)

Still, I think we'd ideally have some ability to kick off a
parameterized job.. if there isn't anything easier to deal with maybe
blackbox is the answer.

-A