Denominator 4.4 testers needed

Adrian Cole

Mar 4, 2015, 11:38:28 AM3/4/15
to denomin...@googlegroups.com, denomina...@googlegroups.com
We are readying for a long overdue update of denominator. Right now,
the focus is on clearing tests and any blocking bugs.

Current test status:

route53, clouddns pass all live tests

ultradns pass almost all (I'll look into why some write tests aren't
working anymore)

designate, discoverydns and dynect I can't test as I have no account.
That said dynect is in progress.

If we can't test all providers, we have a decision to make. For
example, we can choose to shed any providers no-one is interested
enough to provide and account or test.

Soft deadline for 4.4 is 2 weeks.

https://github.com/Netflix/denominator/issues/306

-A

Adrian Cole

Mar 5, 2015, 11:15:15 AM3/5/15
to denomin...@googlegroups.com, denomina...@googlegroups.com
OK, I've updated the tracking issue with a test graph.

I will become quite busy from next week, and won't be able to dedicate
the magnitude of time I've been for a few weeks.

I'm bumping release this Monday or Tuesday so that the providers who
are broken in 4.3 aren't held hostage to my time.

We can always plan for a 4.5 in a month.
-Adrian

Adrian Cole

Mar 7, 2015, 11:57:29 AM3/7/15
to denomin...@googlegroups.com, denomina...@googlegroups.com, Rob Spieldenner, kkarama...@dyn.com, Ruslan Meshenberg
Thanks to commendable support from Dyn and Neustar, I can personally
confirm all cloud providers in 4.4 pass live tests.

https://github.com/Netflix/denominator/issues/306

Expect a formal 4.4 release in the next several days.

Best,
-A