failed to read account info

Mark Romen

Jan 31, 2011, 2:38:19 AM1/31/11

Dear list,

yesterday my CGP partition ran out of space, after some time i noticed that and freed up some space. Now some people complain about errors, in my log file I get a few

Error Code=failed to read an unquoted string: non a/n data

Error Code=failed to read the account info

How can I fix this? What if I delete the account.info?

Thanks

Mark

quinto...@ba.com

Jan 31, 2011, 4:39:55 AM1/31/11
Mark
Have you tried removing 'index.data' from the root of your account storage, and restarting the CommuniGate service?
Quinton

--
This message is private and confidential and may also be legally privileged.  If you have received this message in error, please email it back to the sender and immediately permanently delete it from your computer system.  Please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments.

British Airways may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails, where permitted by law, for the purposes of security and staff training and in order to prevent or detect unauthorised use of the British Airways email system.

Virus checking of emails (including attachments) is the responsibility of the recipient.

British Airways Plc is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.  Registered number: 1777777.  Registered office: Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Middlesex, England, UB7 0GB.

Additional terms and conditions are available on our website: www.ba.com

Mark Romen

Jan 31, 2011, 5:16:44 AM1/31/11

i can’t find a file named index.data… using CGP 5.3.5

Mark

quinto...@ba.com

Jan 31, 2011, 5:26:02 AM1/31/11
Mark
(This is in 5.2.20.)
What do you have under 'User' -> 'Domains' -> <Domain> -> 'Domain Settings' -> 'Account Storage'?
I have 'Hashed 2 Levels', which may account for the 'Index.data' file.
Quinton

Mark Romen

Jan 31, 2011, 5:39:00 AM1/31/11

I have foldering method Flat, Rename in place No, Generate Index No

Mark

___________________________
LVH – Landesverband der Handwerker
APA – Associazione Provinciale dell’Artigianato

EDV / CED
Mark Romen

Mitterweg 7 / Via di Mezzo ai Piani 7
39100 Bozen / Bolzano

tel: 0471 323422
fax: 0471 323210
mark....@lvh.it
http://www.lvh.it - http://www.apabz.it

Graeme Fowler

Jan 31, 2011, 5:49:45 AM1/31/11
> How can I fix this? What if I delete the account.info?

You may lose metadata (date created, for example) and some smallish personal account details. That said, if the files are corrupted they may already be empty.

When deleted, the CGPro server process will recreate them on next access and the account will be accessible once again.

Graeme

Ron Smith

Jan 31, 2011, 6:58:17 AM1/31/11
I would suggest you rename that file account.info.bad and then go into the admin interface and and 'update' it to see if it will recreate it with the settings you had. I think I've had this happen a couple of times and that resolved it.

Ron Smith
postm...@pmbx.net

Isn't technology just fascinatingly maddening... it makes the process of messing things up so much more streamlined and enjoyable!

=-)

Mark Romen

Jan 31, 2011, 8:16:03 AM1/31/11
I did this and everything ok so far. Only airsync now won't sync old mails/contacts anymore, but I think i'll get rid of that.
These kind of problems are supposed to happen only on weekends, so you won't be bored on monday.

I would suggest you rename that file account.info.bad and then go into the admin interface and and 'update' it to see if it will recreate it with the settings you had. I think I've had this happen a couple of times and that resolved it.

Ron Smith

Jan 31, 2011, 8:33:18 AM1/31/11
I get a little too acclimatized to everything working so well in general that I think I forget that it is amazing that things work at all sometimes! ;-)

On Jan 31, 2011, at 8:16 AM, Mark Romen wrote:

> I did this and everything ok so far. Only airsync now won't sync old mails/contacts anymore, but I think i'll get rid of that.
> These kind of problems are supposed to happen only on weekends, so you won't be bored on monday.

Jeff Wark

Jan 31, 2011, 11:53:24 AM1/31/11
I could not find it in the documentation, but I believe a new feature
was added last year [I can't remember the version] that allowed you to
put all of the account.info type files on a different storage system.
This allowed for faster access of that commonly accessed/updated
information.

If anyone can find a link to it, I'm curious now.

Technical Support

Jan 31, 2011, 2:09:16 PM1/31/11
Hello,

On 2011-01-31 19:53, Jeff Wark wrote:
[]

> I could not find it in the documentation, but I believe a new feature
> was added last year [I can't remember the version] that allowed you to
> put all of the account.info type files on a different storage system.
> This allowed for faster access of that commonly accessed/updated
> information.
>
> If anyone can find a link to it, I'm curious now.

<http://www.communigate.com/CommuniGatePro/Domains.html#Subdirs>, look
for the 'Fast Storage Type" option description.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov

reply.