Does my processor support Hardware Virtualization/Windows XP mode on Windows 7?

Rishu Mehra

Aug 20, 2009, 5:42:50 AM8/20/09
to delh...@googlegroups.com, peoplew...@googlegroups.com
Hello Freinds,

Here is the step by step guide to install Virtual Windows XP on Windows 7, (http://www.windowsvalley.com/blog/install-virtual-windows-xp-on-windows-7-or-enable-xp-mode-aka-xpm/) that requires hardware assisted virtualization.

Since there were few queries, “How do I check my processor support hardware virtualization or can we install virtual Windows XP on Windows 7? So here is simple way to check it out and get rid of such queries.

Download the software tool called Securable from here (http://www.grc.com/securable.htm) . and run this program. This tool does not require any installation so it can be run directly.

It checks basically three features of processors, that covers few aspects:

Is it 64-bit processor?
Does the processor support Data Execution Prevention(DEP)?
Does the processor support Hardware Virtualization? that can be Intel-VT / AMD-V for Intel and AMD processors respectively.

For some more information:

cheers
Rishu Mehra

AmitBansal

Aug 25, 2009, 2:15:58 AM8/25/09
to Delhi Developers Groups
Nice post rishu !!

On Aug 20, 2:42 pm, Rishu Mehra <rishu1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Freinds,
>
> Here is the step by step guide to install Virtual Windows XP on Windows 7, (http://www.windowsvalley.com/blog/install-virtual-windows-xp-on-windo...)
> that
> requires hardware assisted virtualization.
>
> Since there were few queries, “How do I check my processor support hardware
> virtualization or can we install virtual Windows XP on Windows 7? So here is
> simple way to check it out and get rid of such queries.
>
> Download the software tool called Securable from here (http://www.grc.com/securable.htm) . and run this program. This tool does not
> require any installation so it can be run directly.
>
> <http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FidtRV7PNlY/So0YCbgLXWI/AAAAAAAAADg/6ZbmGxg...>
>
> It checks basically three features of processors, that covers few aspects:
>
> Is it 64-bit processor?
> Does the processor support Data Execution Prevention(DEP)?
> Does the processor support Hardware Virtualization? that can be Intel-VT /
> AMD-V for Intel and AMD processors respectively.
> For some more information:http://rishumehra.blogspot.com/2009/08/does-my-processor-support-hard...
>
> cheers
> Rishu Mehrahttp://rishumehra.blogspot.com

Puneet Sharma

Aug 25, 2009, 2:43:01 AM8/25/09
to delh...@googlegroups.com
Any ways it shows this

Woops...

Sorry, no posts we're found. :-D

Puneet Sharma

Aug 25, 2009, 2:41:43 AM8/25/09
to delh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rishu
Thanks a lot for this valuable guide. Can you please help me to install WinXP on my Vista Ultimate Laptop (Sorry if I missed any of ur prev. posts related to this topic).
Thanks
Puneet

Rishu Mehra

Aug 29, 2009, 4:15:06 PM8/29/09
to delh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Puneet,

U can install the WinXP but i can't explain it as good as on post. but in front i can do this.. 1 thing which which i can tell u is that u also need a pd which shows 'a' drive when u plug it in.. anyways thanx for ur appreciation.. n help u ASAP..

cheers
Rishu Mehra

Rishu Mehra

Aug 30, 2009, 8:41:40 AM8/30/09