Is deferred.profiler() in the current code ? [as installed by npm]

Robin Luiten

May 24, 2013, 8:22:24 PM5/24/13
to defer...@googlegroups.com
My code is doing odd things, almost certainly because I am new to promises and deferred making many mistakes I am sure, but i have some of it working right.

I thought the profiler mentioned in the doc might help.
The doc mentions "var profiler = deferred.profiler();"
This doesn't exist for me and I cant find anything more about it than mentioned on the doc page.
There is a profiler.js in node_modules/deferred/lib folder.

I am on windows 7 64 bit.
node --version gives v0.10.7
npm --version gives 1.2.11
and deferred node module i have is "version": "0.6.3",

Thanks for any tips or hints..
Rob.

Mariusz Nowak

May 25, 2013, 6:06:46 AM5/25/13
to defer...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robin,

There was a typo in documentation, it is `deferred.profile()` not `deferred.profiler()`. I've fixed it, sorry for confusion.

If you have further issues, let me know.

Robin Luiten

May 25, 2013, 8:07:29 AM5/25/13
to defer...@googlegroups.com
Ahh ok...
Thanks for the response.
I had tried that but ran into a secondary issue so thought id ask first.

That is not the only problem with the example.
I tinkered a bit more with your input and the following appears to works.

deferred.profile();
//....
var stats = deferred.profileEnd(); // End profiling
console.log(stats.log); // See readable output

Mariusz Nowak

May 25, 2013, 8:16:42 AM5/25/13
to defer...@googlegroups.com
Robin, indeed, not sure where my mind was when I added documentation on that.
Fixed, great thanks for pointing that.