Power issue caused crash - now volume will not mount

Louis van Dyk

Sep 27, 2018, 5:57:31 AM9/27/18
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss

Hi

I am getting the below error after my power utility had some nasty up and downs for about a day.  I switched the server off once I discovered it - but by the even the UPS had run out of juice.

Nevertheless, once I eventually tried to reboot, I get this on mounting the SDFS volume.  I'm running on Fedora 28 (let's call it Red Hat for the sake of compliance).  I've tried renaming the hdb folder and adding rebuild-hashtable="true" to the <volumes> tag in the xml file.  I still got the error.

Please help to get the volume mounted again.

Running Program SDFS Version 3.7.7.7 build date 2018-08-08 02:33
reading config file = /etc/sdfs/pool0-volume-cfg.xml
Unable to initiate ChunkStore
java.io.IOException: java.io.EOFException
    at org.opendedup.sdfs.filestore.BatchFileChunkStore.init(BatchFileChunkStore.java:275)
    at org.opendedup.sdfs.servers.HashChunkService.<init>(HashChunkService.java:66)
    at org.opendedup.sdfs.servers.HCServiceProxy.init(HCServiceProxy.java:154)
    at org.opendedup.sdfs.servers.SDFSService.start(SDFSService.java:86)
    at fuse.SDFS.MountSDFS.setup(MountSDFS.java:214)
    at fuse.SDFS.MountSDFS.init(MountSDFS.java:253)
    at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.load(DaemonLoader.java:207)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.java:2335)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(ObjectInputStream.java:2804)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:802)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:299)
    at org.opendedup.sdfs.filestore.BatchFileChunkStore.init(BatchFileChunkStore.java:253)
    ... 10 more
Service exit with a return value of 255

Louis van Dyk

Oct 9, 2018, 9:25:07 PM10/9/18
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
Anyone able to help me?

I still cannot mount the sdfs filesystem.

Sam Silverberg

Oct 12, 2018, 1:50:22 PM10/12/18
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louis,

I would be happy to help.

Can you send the log output so I can review.

Louis van Dyk

Oct 14, 2018, 11:58:10 AM10/14/18
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
Hi Sam

THANK you!

I've just tried to mount it again, and then tarred the whole log folder. See attached.

Regards,
Louis
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
sdfslogs-20181014.tar.gz

Louis van Dyk

Oct 24, 2018, 7:25:32 PM10/24/18
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
Sam ?

Louis van Dyk

Nov 1, 2018, 8:05:41 PM11/1/18
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
Please please please please please please please can somebody help me?

Sam Silverberg

Nov 2, 2018, 11:10:20 AM11/2/18
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
I am looking at this right now.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 5:05 PM Louis van Dyk <louis....@gmail.com> wrote:
Please please please please please please please can somebody help me?

Louis van Dyk

Nov 8, 2018, 9:59:46 PM11/8/18
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
Hi Sam .... any news?

On Friday, 2 November 2018 17:10:20 UTC+2, Sam Silverberg wrote:
I am looking at this right now.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 5:05 PM Louis van Dyk <louis....@gmail.com> wrote:
Please please please please please please please can somebody help me?

Louis van Dyk

Nov 17, 2018, 4:44:37 PM11/17/18
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
Hi Sam  ....   do you have any advice for me yet?

Sam Silverberg

Louis van Dyk

Nov 22, 2018, 7:02:32 AM11/22/18
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam.  No there is no folder called "outgoing" in chunkstore/chunks.

Anything else I can check?

Louis van Dyk

Nov 26, 2018, 5:05:40 PM11/26/18
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss

Louis van Dyk

Dec 17, 2018, 6:37:18 AM12/17/18
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss
Dear group members and Sam

<BEGGING MODE ON>
I have not had access to my SDFS file system for 2 months now.  Do I need to kiss that data goodbye?  Is there no way to remount it?  Please could someone help me get this volume mounted again?
<BEGGING MODE OFF>

Many thanks
Louis

Sam Silverberg

Dec 29, 2018, 1:20:59 PM12/29/18
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Louis - It looks like the data is corrupt. I am sorry that I have not gotten back to you and if you would like we could setup a webex an see if I can fix it. Let me know it that works for you.

Louis van Dyk

Dec 30, 2018, 6:08:46 AM12/30/18
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam.  Thanks for coming back to me.  I was using this as my backup store.  Since it is corrupt I will trash it and restart.  I don't want to waste your time further on it as it's not business critical.  How often does this sort of thing happen though?  I would hate to be depending on OpenDeDup to store my more critical data only to have something like this happen to it.