question about linux server backups

emil zu K.

Mar 9, 2012, 1:08:39 PM3/9/12
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com

Hey group,

today I tried to set up an ubuntu server with the newest version of opendedup.
everything went like a charm, also the CIFS / Windows Server backup is running and running, but as soon as I wanna backup a Linux host, I get a lot of java exceptions and the whole directory is not accessible anymore.
When I tried to delete the whole backup directory (of this server) I got this message:

ERROR [Thread-11] (SDFSFileSystem.java:271) - unable to read path /mail
fuse.FuseException
        at fuse.SDFS.SDFSFileSystem.getFtype(SDFSFileSystem.java:625)
        at fuse.SDFS.SDFSFileSystem.getdir(SDFSFileSystem.java:268)
        at fuse.Filesystem3ToFuseFSAdapter.getdir(Filesystem3ToFuseFSAdapter.java:117)
FATAL [Thread-12] (MetaDataDedupFile.java:259) - unable to de-serialize /backup/files/mail/bin/lspci
java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header: 7F454C46
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.opendedup.sdfs.io.MetaDataDedupFile.getFile(MetaDataDedupFile.java:254)
        at org.opendedup.sdfs.filestore.MetaFileStore.getMF(MetaFileStore.java:100)
        at org.opendedup.sdfs.filestore.MetaFileStore.removeMetaFile(MetaFileStore.java:220)
        at org.opendedup.sdfs.filestore.MetaFileStore.removeMetaFile(MetaFileStore.java:206)
        at org.opendedup.sdfs.filestore.MetaFileStore.removeMetaFile(MetaFileStore.java:206)
        at fuse.SDFS.SDFSFileSystem.rmdir(SDFSFileSystem.java:472)
        at fuse.Filesystem3ToFuseFSAdapter.rmdir(Filesystem3ToFuseFSAdapter.java:175)
 WARN [Thread-12] (MetaFileStore.java:209) - delete failed : unable to delete [/backup/files/mail/bin/lspci]
 WARN [Thread-12] (MetaFileStore.java:209) - delete failed : unable to delete [/backup/files/mail/bin]

and I get:
rm: cannot remove `/backup1/mail': Directory not empty

root@backup1:/# attr -l /backup1/mail
Attribute "sdfs.file.isopen" has a 0 byte value for /backup1/mail
Attribute "sdfs.ActualBytesWritten" has a 0 byte value for /backup1/mail
Attribute "sdfs.VirtualBytesWritten" has a 0 byte value for /backup1/mail
Attribute "sdfs.BytesRead" has a 0 byte value for /backup1/mail
Attribute "sdfs.DuplicateData" has a 0 byte value for /backup1/mail
Attribute "sdfs.VMDK" has a 0 byte value for /backup1/mail
Attribute "sdfs.fileGUID" has a 0 byte value for /backup1/mail
Attribute "sdfs.dfGUID" has a 0 byte value for /backup1/mail
Attribute "dse.size" has a 10 byte value for /backup1/mail
Attribute "dse.maxsize" has a 13 byte value for /backup1/mail

I tried to restart the sdfs cause I thought maybe there is a small mixup, but even after restarting the behavior is still the same.
Cause it's my first day with opendedup and I couldn't find anything about this issue

Also if I try to access the directory I get:

root@backup1:~# cd /backup1/mail/
root@backup1:/backup1/mail# ls
ls: reading directory .: Permission denied

Maybe someone can give me a hint what I'm doing wrong.

Best regards

pako

May 20, 2012, 9:35:41 AM5/20/12
to dedupfilesystem-...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem, for example when trying to run:

sudo rsync -avzh --delete --progress root@my-server:/etc /mnt/sdfs/backup/

Sam Silverberg

May 23, 2012, 12:26:33 PM5/23/12
to dedupfilesystem-sdfs-user-discuss