Plus signs ("+" signs) in file when doing File/Save/Options:Commands

r-deducer-user

Jul 20, 2016, 6:17:35 PM7/20/16
to Deducer
Let's say I use the Deducer GUI to do make a contingency table.

The code shows up in the output like this:

> tables<-contingency.tables(
+ row.vars=d(MIL),
+ col.vars=d(ACCESS),data=Vets.S.1.R.2)
> print(tables,prop.r=T,prop.c=T,prop.t=F)

Now, I want to save just my commands as a .R code file.

So I do File/Save/Options:Commands , etc., and in the resulting text file, my commands look like this:

tables<-contingency.tables(
+ row.vars=d(MIL),
+ col.vars=d(ACCESS),data=Vets.S.1.R.2)
print(tables,prop.r=T,prop.c=T,prop.t=F)

Those plus signs ("+" signs) are a nuisance because I can't simply copy and paste this block into the console window (they produce an error if I do). I have to remove the plus signs before the code will work.

It's no biggie, I just have to be careful in cleansing out the plus signs before saving my code for the long term.

But my question is: Am I missing something here? Is there some way to save my commands so that I can simply copy and paste into the console window next time?

Ian Fellows

Jul 20, 2016, 6:25:07 PM7/20/16
to ded...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, that is a limitation on the way that JGR saves console output. I’ll see about flagging it for a fix.

Best,
Ian

--

---