iplots - segmentation fault (core dumped)

Aditya Panse

Jun 17, 2017, 11:03:53 AM6/17/17
to Deducer
Apologies if this is a silly question.

I am trying to install Deducer on Ubuntu 14.04, R version 3.4.0. I understand that Deducer is dependent on JGR which is dependent on iplots. I am trying to install iplots, which is giving me the following error:

> install.packages("iplots")
Installing package into ‘/home/adityapanse/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.4’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/iplots_1.1-7.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 336942 bytes (329 KB)
downloaded 329 KB

* installing *source* package ‘iplots’ ...
** package ‘iplots’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** testing if installed package can be loaded
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
ERROR: loading failed
* removing ‘/home/adityapanse/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.4/iplots’
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘iplots’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
	‘/tmp/Rtmp0zS0Je/downloaded_packages’

I presume the highlighted line is the problem.

Now, I am not a programmer, so couldn't make sense of the answers Google is giving me. Can anyone please help?!