JGR 1.8-4 library crashing R 3.4.3 Win

Kieran Short

Jan 31, 2018, 11:13:41 PM1/31/18
to ded...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

First things first, I love Deducer.

But now I'm having trouble running Deducer. It will HANG the R console (completely non responsive). It's not Deducer's fault as far as I can tell. It's during the launch of JGR on  R 3.4.3 64+32bit in Windows (I haven't tested other platforms).

Digging deeper, the package stopping JGR from launching is one of JGRs dependencies, iplots.

I was previously running R 3.2.3, and had no problems.

is anyone else having similar issues? If so, have you solved them? If not, I advise all on this list to not update to R 3.4.3 (either 32bit of 64bit) if you're running windows (unleast until this is resolved).

I uninstalled all versions of R, and Rstudio (I tried launching from RStudio and RGui). And with reinstalling everything, redownloading all the packages, I still get the same behaviour (RGui console, and RStudio consoles hanging -- to the point that I have to force quit the Guis because they cannot stop or close the console session). Its a pretty major bug.

cheers,
Kieran