data import errors

Rohrpost

Jan 11, 2016, 12:36:09 PM1/11/16
to Deducer
Hi,

I try to read a simple SPSS sav file into R Deducer and Deducer produces the error message:

Unrecognized record type 7, subtype 18 encountered in system file.

The echanges on StackOverFlow which I found about this error did not help me.

Then I tried to export the SPSS save

Rohrpost

Jan 11, 2016, 12:41:48 PM1/11/16
to Deducer
Sorry I hit the wrong key.

Hi,

I try to import a simple SPSS sav file into R Deducer and Deducer produced the error message:

Unrecognized record type 7, subtype 18 encountered in system file.

The echanges on StackOverFlow which I found about this error did not help me.

Then I exported the SPSS SAV file as a CSV file and imported it into R. As I work with a French windows environment I h

Ian Fellows

Jan 11, 2016, 12:48:56 PM1/11/16
to ded...@googlegroups.com
Occasionally R’s spss importer can not read a valid spss .sav file. There isn’t a lot that Deducer can do about this. You did the right thing to convert it to a csv file.

best,
Ian

--

---

Rohrpost

Jan 11, 2016, 12:49:25 PM1/11/16
to Deducer
Hi,

I try to read a simple SPSS sav file into R Deducer and Deducer produces the error message:

Unrecognized record type 7, subtype 18 encountered in system file.

The echanges on StackOverFlow which I found about this error did not help me.

Then I exported the SPSS SAV file as a CSV file and imported it into R.Due to the French language envoronment the decimal values are shown with an comma and not a point. I manually changed them with Notepad , but is there a simpler way of handling the conversion from the European standard to the Anglo-Saxon one ?

Sorry for the inconvenience with my mail,

Rohrpost