1.4 GB data file causes "not responding" error... is this to be expected?

r-deducer-user

Feb 12, 2016, 7:38:11 PM2/12/16
to Deducer
I'm using Deducer using x86 R on a x64 Windows machine (I'm not using x64 R because it seems to not be compatible with R Commander, and I also want to use R Commander).

When I try to open a 1.4 GB data file in the Deducer Data Viewer, the Console and the Data Viewer start to flicker, and freeze, and alternately display "not responding" in their title bars.

Is this to be expected? Is this because of the large file size?
-- If not, then what other diagnostics should I perform to figure out what's going on?
-- If yes, then what measures could I try to take to skirt this issue (besides reducing the data file size)?

For what it's worth, R Commander is able to easily handle this data file.

Version Info:
JGR version: 1.7-16
Deducer version: 0.7.9

r-deducer-user

Feb 17, 2016, 10:07:24 PM2/17/16
to Deducer
SOLVED: I found that I needed to close the "Data Viewer" window, and have just the "Console" open, and after that it worked quite well, and quite fast.